Media Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just the usual bollocks and the false lazy sportswashing narrative. How stupid must you be to think that Sheikh Mansour has bought football clubs across the world, many in impoverished areas, just because he wants to help his country improve its image. Apparently he is not interested in the two billion pounds profit (minimum) he has already made on his investments at MCFC and within Manchester itself.
Would not dare click on it but you know there is good news for City on the way and the team is performing when rubbish like this is published. I would actually be worried when they stop writing crap like this.

Last edited:
It's not an unfair article at all in my opinion.
Like you, neither am I arsed about winning the Champions League. The way I see it, even if it happens, it will change nothing.
In the same way that winning the league on goal difference wasn't enough, once upon a time back when they were hoping we'd be a flash in the pan, and then that changed to retaining the league becoming the benchmark, this CL demand is just an invitation to step onto another spiral of idiocy.
As soon as/ if we win the CL, we'll be told we only fluked or bought or stole it or got over the line in one freakishly poor season. If we were to win it even once more, we wouldn't be proving them wrong. Oh no, we'd be "ruining football".

It's a form of madness to expect eventual respect from your serial abusers and be in no doubt that City have largely been disrespected and abused by much (if not, most) of the media.
So fuck them.
Winning the CL would be nice (and nothing more than nice) and I'll get pissed and celebrate. Perhaps not with as much unvridled joy as I did after a certain draw with Gillingham but even so...
There would be pleasure in knowing we have pissed the naysayers off too but that's where it ends for me.
As far as I'm concerned, you start out, every year, dreaming of winning your league. Any other trophy- no matter how much it is desired by others, historied or fabled - is a consolation prize.
Be good if we win it to play it down as a merit less Cup comp that is way down on our list of achievements. Think that would be a way to piss them all off by downplaying its importance.

He's the new Aldridge/Colleymore/other deluded Liverpool pundits rolled into one.

Screenshot-20220423-042131-2.png

Oh dear, how sad, never mind. Do these dickheads really think we give a shit? As long as he scores goals and we win stuff particularly at the expense of Liverpool then I couldn’t give a fuck who he disrespected. He could shit on the Pope’s front lawn for all I care.

On the subject of disrespect and Dietmar Hamann, wasn’t it disrespectful when he signed for Bolton then fucked them off for us?

"It grants access to the most exclusive membership group. It allows entry to the pantheon of European football aristocracy, with all the greats: Bayern Munich, Ajax, AC Milan, Barcelona, Juventus, Manchester United, and so on."

I wonder why Ollie hasn't include Forest and Villa in the pantheon of European football aristocracry, or does their inclusion diminish his arguement, I wonder?

In the ST this morning Klippity bemoans the idea that if we win the title and they come second, and the quadruple so beloved of the RDAHMeedya only amounts to a Carabao Cup, the oodles, crateloads, containers, supertankers, the entire universe would not be sufficient to encompass the RESPECT their club, players, and presumably himself, deserve.

Doesn't take long before the notion of one way street respect emerges from the back streets of L4.

If it weren't for the accent yer'd swear the guy was born in Knotty Fuckin' Ash!
he does mention forest

Haven't read it all but there is some stuff in there that is valid - we do detest the twats. What Holt should know is it's not about winning, or else we wouldn't have gone to games in our droves in the gold old days in the 3rd division.
I'm one of those who is not arsed about winning it really, it won't change my perception of our club.
Ferguson became manager at that place in 1986 and won it in 99. If we won it this year, it's about the same time give or take a year, since the takeover. They had no spending cap, no rules put in place to stop them, no other teams writing letters, teams rolling over in games and giving them their best players.
So you know what ..meh...I have never wanted to be part of their cartel and hear their stupid jingle. All that, might give the scribblers stuff to write about and means they don't have to embarrass themselves writing about the actual game.
Do I come across as bitter?
thought it was a pretty fair article meself

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.