Media Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was at Etihad Stadium on Saturday when Raheem Sterling blasted a good chance over against Watford. You should have heard how many fans around me were groaning and shouting 'useless' or 'get him off'.

A good chance ? It was an absolute sitter and as usual his technique wasn't good enough.

A good chance ? It was an absolute sitter and as usual his technique wasn't good enough.
Yes it was a sitter and a point I made previously was that with his talent and experience he’s really got to at least get it on target because every game is a must win for us and chances need to be taken.
However at 3-1 up after some lovely football, to be shouting “useless , get him off” sounds like a cretin. That’s not a natural reaction at 3-1 up.
Anyway, it’s not a bad article in my view but not sure why it is aired on the eve of a crucial CL game?
Similar with the press conference with Raheem today. What a bunch of fucking nasty wankers asking shite questions about new contracts, leaving, not always playing regularly - on the eve of a massive CL game.
The dippers really ate treated differently both off and on the pitch - they might have asked one question like this to Salah but not the whole bloody conference.

Yes it was a sitter and a point I made previously was that with his talent and experience he’s really got to at least get it on target because every game is a must win for us and chances need to be taken.
However at 3-1 up after some lovely football, to be shouting “useless , get him off” sounds like a cretin. That’s not a natural reaction at 3-1 up.
Anyway, it’s not a bad article in my view but not sure why it is aired on the eve of a crucial CL game?
Similar with the press conference with Raheem today. What a bunch of fucking nasty wankers asking shite questions about new contracts, leaving, not always playing regularly - on the eve of a massive CL game.
The dippers really ate treated differently both off and on the pitch - they might have asked one question like this to Salah but not the whole bloody conference.
I agree with some of what you say. Up to missing that chance I was impressed with Raheem's performance. He'd been running with purpose, holding it up well and causing them a lot of problems. However that miss is fairly typical of his level of finishing over the last 2 seasons. What if that chance had been at 0-0 ? Or had been on 88 minutes when we desperately needed a goal when we were drawing ? He does offer more than just goals, I get that - but that chance was on a plate (from Jesus's assist) and he blazed it way over.

This is from BBC today …..

“Earlier this season PGMOL apologised to Everton after they were denied a penalty in their 1-0 defeat by Manchester City despite midfielder Rodri appearing to use his hand to control the ball.”

Tell a lie often enough and it becomes the truth.
I noticed the use of the word ‘hand’ too.
No excuse for that. It is either lazy writing or blatantly biased or both.

Maybe this is me being a bit pedantic but has anyone else noticed that when a city story concerns Pep, the story is usually accompanied with a picture of Pep with his hands on his head. Sky website the latest ones , not done with any intention of demeaning his achievements though, no way

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.