Media Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a little reminder and a bit of humble advice. Stay away from sources you know are hateful and bitter. They don't want you to enjoy the success and style of play because they can't have it for themselves.

OK, it was a win by a single goal, but it doesn't tell the story. If - as a city fan, you can't watch that again and think, wow! then those pricks have achieved their goal. Don't let them ruin it for you. At the end of the day - they are not relevant - in more ways than one.

Quite a decent round up of the game on RTE Radio, just now, where they described the game as an all-time classic. City were called "breathtaking at times". They replayed Spanish radio's commentary on the panenka (which was justified because it was hilariously over the top) nd then went to an analysis from some ex-member of the Irish women's team (didn't get her name). She was quite fulsome in her praise. Criticised the defending in both sides (which is fair enough - you're only as good as the side you can put out) but was quick with the caveat that it's churlish to criticise defending after such a feast of football.
Maybe the tide is turning...

Certainly, it was a pleasant change from listening to Ronnie Whelan groan and cry at Madrid defending every time we scored or Hamann's bullshit about City bottling the occasion on the telly last night. Although, Richie Sadlier was surprisingly defensive of City's position (re bad luck in front of goal and with injuries/suspension) and generally fair, if not exactly pro-City. Which is fine too.
Best of all, the presenter even... wait for it...

Wait....

I said, wait...

praised the Etihad atmosphere.

I know. I was banging the side of the telly, in case it was on the blink.

Did we win last night? I'm wondering as I've just turned sky on and it's all wanking about Madrid and Benzama. I'd print out what he said after the game and read it to the team before the return. "The game had just begun, we are Madrid." If we win I'd say, _The game had finished, we are Manchester City, we fight to the end."

As good as Madrid were we should have won at least 6-3. Hopefully we tighten up at the back and finish our decent chances. Also no mention that we won without half of our first choice defence. Fuck them.

Just a little reminder and a bit of humble advice. Stay away from sources you know are hateful and bitter. They don't want you to enjoy the success and style of play because they can't have it for themselves.

OK, it was a win by a single goal, but it doesn't tell the story. If - as a city fan, you can't watch that again and think, wow! then those pricks have achieved their goal. Don't let them ruin it for you. At the end of the day - they are not relevant - in more ways than one.
The RDAHMeedya are cockahoop that we won by just the single goal, despite the chances we created. They are as relieved as any madrileño that those efforts didn't go in. Had we scored the ratio of chances that Madrid had we would be two or three goals to the good. The English media are delighted as they see Madrid, instead of being seen off last night, are still very much in the tie.

Did we win last night? I'm wondering as I've just turned sky on and it's all wanking about Madrid and Benzama. I'd print out what he said after the game and read it to the team before the return. "The game had just begun, we are Madrid." If we win I'd say, _The game had finished, we are Manchester City, we fight to the end."

As good as Madrid were we should have won at least 6-3. Hopefully we tighten up at the back and finish our decent chances. Also no mention that we won without half of our first choice defence. Fuck them.
Just seen that turned the fucker straight off!... Heard them asking if benzema was the best player on the planet right now, he wasn't even the best player on the fuckin pitch last night the bellends.

Got it n the car last night and heard Guillem Balague, Alan Shearer and Chapman raving about Madrid. It was that bad that towards the end Balague was asked to sum up and said Madrid fans will be happy going home with the win!!!!! This was after a lot of slagging of both teams making mistakes!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.