Media Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Two points from the DT report on our game this morning: the hack mentions that Leeds 'roughhouse' tactics didn't work on Jack - I'm very surprised that they mention the word roughhouse, although Leeds has, for me, always been preceded by the word 'Dirty' (Hunter, Bremner, Giles et al) - and that Jack has gone from being the most fouled player in the PL to not even figuring in the list! Well, is anyone surprised. I await the statisticians coming up with a list of teams who have been fouled but for which foul no free kick was awarded. We'd be a million miles ahead of the rest. Mrs Ewing asked me why Jack didn't figure in the lists! I said he was now scurrying about the pitch clad in sky blue!
Take a look at the Yorkshire Post. Apparently they didn't deserve the hiding they got because on another day they would have scored when Rodri did his Slippy G impersonation. Also the crowd were magnificent and you couldn't hear the away end at the fourth goal because they were drowned out.
They neglected to mention that Leeds fans did more to disrupt their own team than City, with Jack winding them up and grinning through the paper bombardment. Still, it was funny seeing their inferiority complex coming through and if the game meant so much to them then why did they want Yorkshire on the placards rather than the club name. It's not as though the rest of the county wants to be associated with them.

Hang on a minute,

CITY in 2018/19: PL=W FAC=W LC=W CL=QF

the rags in 2008/09: PL=W FAC=SF LC=W CL=F
CITY in 2020/21 matched that record.

dippers this season have won LC, in final of FAC, SF of CL and are lying 2nd in the PL.

How the the fuck is that nearer to anything that's been achieved by the above?

Desperation by the beeb to get shit more clicks to their site and brown nose the cult!

This really is pathetic

It occurred to me that they think of the end result they want to achieve (glorifying the Red Dippers and the Rags) and then work backwards to develop the article that leads to that result.
Let's award them the chronologically-latest-to-winning-the-quadruple-whether-they do-it-or-not cup.
Bound to go down well in Dublin, Oslo and Rekjavik.

It occurred to me that they think of the end result they want to achieve (glorifying the Red Dippers and the Rags) and then work backwards to develop the article that leads to that result.
Let's award them the chronologically-latest-to-winning-the-quadruple-whether-they do-it-or-not cup.
Bound to go down well in Dublin, Oslo and Rekjavik.
Of course. They'll look at the data, see the user activity on those topics and the writers will have to right to maximise that engagement.

Helps, like with refs, that you employ ears sympathetic to your agenda.

Take a look at the Yorkshire Post. Apparently they didn't deserve the hiding they got because on another day they would have scored when Rodri did his Slippy G impersonation. Also the crowd were magnificent and you couldn't hear the away end at the fourth goal because they were drowned out.
They neglected to mention that Leeds fans did more to disrupt their own team than City, with Jack winding them up and grinning through the paper bombardment. Still, it was funny seeing their inferiority complex coming through and if the game meant so much to them then why did they want Yorkshire on the placards rather than the club name. It's not as though the rest of the county wants to be associated with them.
They consider themselves that way, like Liverpool fans consider themselves to speak for all scousers.

Did MOTD show the Mané incident? I don't remember seeing it.

My word, that guy has to hold the record for the most red cards escaped. There was one against Everton just the other week that he should have had and there was the elbow in the 2-2 game against Chelsea in January.

He's becoming the most irritating player in the PL for me. He dives and flops around like a fish out of water trying to get other players booked and on the other side of it, he gets away with whatever he likes.

edit: The league cup incident was Keita, I misremembered that.
Just watched a video with 60 odd challenges varying from bad-very bad. How he’s not had a slap is beyond me? He loves raking, he loves stamping, he loves studs up, he loves late tackling and he loves elbowing and the majority of the refs react exactly how they react when we have to play them. To make things worse a vid popped up of Robertsons finest moments which usually end up with that other hateful shite twat Henderson flailing about like a hard man sticking up for him. Fuck they’re a horrible bunch of dirty, sly cunts.

Hang on a minute,

CITY in 2018/19: PL=W FAC=W LC=W CL=QF

the rags in 2008/09: PL=W FAC=SF LC=W CL=F
CITY in 2020/21 matched that record.

dippers this season have won LC, in final of FAC, SF of CL and are lying 2nd in the PL.

How the the fuck is that nearer to anything that's been achieved by the above?

Desperation by the beeb to get shit more clicks to their site and brown nose the cult!
Was reading the same shit this morning and thought WTF.
The article just doesn't make sense unless the dippers win more trophies which by my reckoning they haven't at this point

Just watched a video with 60 odd challenges varying from bad-very bad. How he’s not had a slap is beyond me? He loves raking, he loves stamping, he loves studs up, he loves late tackling and he loves elbowing and the majority of the refs react exactly how they react when we have to play them. To make things worse a vid popped up of Robertsons finest moments which usually end up with that other hateful shite twat Henderson flailing about like a hard man sticking up for him. Fuck they’re a horrible bunch of dirty, sly cunts.
Bet the video wasnt on sky, bt or bbc. Add to all the above he often seems to have trouble staying on his feet when near opponents.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.