Media Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.

In a story about quadruples bid there is the most cursory mention of the only team in HISTORY (of which we have none) to do the domestic treble.

There are two media clips. One of Liverpool winning a "spectacular" penalty shoot out and of course there's also a video of the Wigan fa cup defeat, which feels particularly tailored for the bbc's target audience.

In a story about quadruples bid there is the most cursory mention of the only team in HISTORY (of which we have none) to do the domestic treble.

There are two media clips. One of Liverpool winning a "spectacular" penalty shoot out and of course there's also a video of the Wigan fa cup defeat, which feels particularly tailored for the bbc's target audience.
Quadruple.

It's funny really. Grealish got fouled 167 and 110 times respectively for Villa in the Prem in 19/20 and 20/21, both once every 19 minutes.

This season with a City shirt on he's been fouled 50 times, once every 35 minutes.

Nothing to see there though.
Someone on here said when we bought him 'he is the most fouled player in the PL. Let's see how long that continues now he is with us'.
And we saw.
Same player against pretty much the same players. Pretty much the same officials. Only difference is playing for a more attacking team. But no agenda though.

Last edited:
Two points from the DT report on our game this morning: the hack mentions that Leeds 'roughhouse' tactics didn't work on Jack - I'm very surprised that they mention the word roughhouse, although Leeds has, for me, always been preceded by the word 'Dirty' (Hunter, Bremner, Giles et al) - and that Jack has gone from being the most fouled player in the PL to not even figuring in the list! Well, is anyone surprised. I await the statisticians coming up with a list of teams who have been fouled but for which foul no free kick was awarded. We'd be a million miles ahead of the rest. Mrs Ewing asked me why Jack didn't figure in the lists! I said he was now scurrying about the pitch clad in sky blue!

Maths not their strong point then...
Facts, figures, stats (kosher ones, that is, compiled by qualified statisticians), noses sticking out of peoples' faces, stark staring reality, have always been troublesome to the RDAHMeedya. They still live in the midst of a Fergie-dominated circus.

It's interesting how much emphasis is being placed on the remaining fixtures for both teams fighting it out for the Premier League title.

Most of the pundits invited onto these magazine programmes (SSN, BT, BBC etc) happily predict where City might drop points in the run in.

It's fascinating that there is no mention of a certain F.A. Cup final that the dippers have to negotiate between these final PL fixtures.

I would imagine they feel it's a forgone conclusion that the dippers will win everything from now on?

Maybe they will, maybe they won't.

If it was us, you can bet they would be harping on about fixture congestion and how Chelsea will be motivated to win silverware despite their current form.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.