Media Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
*tongue in cheek time folks*

I just sent a text message to 81111 the BBC football column thingymabob asking why there was no reporting on another English team playing in Europe tonight and who had been fighting for quadruple last season..... two minutes later...... wow the first mention of Pep and the team!
Coincidence? I did sign it Manchester Neutral (didn't want them ignoring it by signing it Eccles Blue as I normally do. (Not that I send them many just when I get really frustrated with them!!)
:-) :-) :-)

They will be sending the nice men with clipboards asking to view your license with that sort of carry on.

Know your place young lady ;)

If you wanted to read about City v Real Madrid in the semi-final of the Champions League in the Daily Mail, forget it, there's nothing apart from this.

Screenshot-20220504-111023-2.png

But if you want to read numerous articles about Liverpool winning last night, United signing more players, Chelsea's sale, Crawley Town, Dybala moving to Inter Milan, Bournemouth, Nottingham Forrest, etc, then you're in luck.

I thought they settled with no admission of guilt?

Spygate reports sent to FA by computer expert

Martyn Ziegler, Matt Dickinson

January 15 2020, 12:01am, The Times

Liverpool did not accept any liability or wrongdoing CLIVE BRUNSKILL/GETTY IMAGES

Two reports from a forensic computer expert detailing alleged hacking of Manchester City’s scouting system by Liverpool staff are among documents being examined by the FA.

The governing body has been considering whether to take action over the case for several months and has asked both clubs a series of questions over the Spygate affair, which led to Liverpool paying City £1 million in a confidential settlement in 2013.

As revealed by The Times in September, Liverpool’s sporting director Michael Edwards and two former City scouts, Dave Fallows and Julian Ward, were named in the settlement.

The forensic computer expert tracked suspicious logins to the Scout7 system and the IP addresses where the logins were made from. It is understood he identified hundreds of occasions when it was alleged that the login of Rob Newman, a Manchester City scout, was used illicitly by senior Liverpool staff from June 2012 to February 2013.

The FA’s disciplinary department will have to decide whether Edwards, Fallows and Ward should face misconduct charges. The £1 million settlement was made without Liverpool accepting any liability or wrongdoing.

The Premier League has so far declined to become involved despite its rule that clubs must behave with the “utmost good faith” towards each other.

Spygate reports sent to FA by computer expert

Martyn Ziegler, Matt Dickinson

January 15 2020, 12:01am, The Times

Liverpool did not accept any liability or wrongdoing CLIVE BRUNSKILL/GETTY IMAGES

Two reports from a forensic computer expert detailing alleged hacking of Manchester City’s scouting system by Liverpool staff are among documents being examined by the FA.

The governing body has been considering whether to take action over the case for several months and has asked both clubs a series of questions over the Spygate affair, which led to Liverpool paying City £1 million in a confidential settlement in 2013.

As revealed by The Times in September, Liverpool’s sporting director Michael Edwards and two former City scouts, Dave Fallows and Julian Ward, were named in the settlement.

The forensic computer expert tracked suspicious logins to the Scout7 system and the IP addresses where the logins were made from. It is understood he identified hundreds of occasions when it was alleged that the login of Rob Newman, a Manchester City scout, was used illicitly by senior Liverpool staff from June 2012 to February 2013.

The FA’s disciplinary department will have to decide whether Edwards, Fallows and Ward should face misconduct charges. The £1 million settlement was made without Liverpool accepting any liability or wrongdoing.

The Premier League has so far declined to become involved despite its rule that clubs must behave with the “utmost good faith” towards each other.
I thought it was Chelsea scouts ;)

Just the plucky, shoestring £600m squad.

Allison £70m
Van Dijk £75m
Robertson £10m
Arnold £0
Thiago £35m
Fabinho £40m
Henderson £20m
Mane £40m
Salah £38m
Djota £45m
Dias £45m
Firminho £30m
Origi £10m
Chamberlain £35m
Konate £35m
Matip £0
Tsimikas £11.75m
Minamito £7.25m
Gomez £4.5m
Keita £54m
Kelleher £1.5m
Milner £0
Jones £0

Ederson £33m
Zinchenko £3m
Steffen £7m
Stones £49m
Dias £52m (Otamendi £14m makeweight)
Walker £52m
Cancelo £28m (Danilo £33m makeweight)
Foden £0
Laporte £58m
Gundogan £20m
Fern £30m
Bernie £44m
Rodri £62m
Mahrez £60m
Sterling £47m
Palmer £0
Jesus £28m
De Bruyne £54m
Mendy £50m
Ake £40m

Take out the £100m splurge on Grealish and the squad prices are more than comparable.

Especially so, if you factor we bought Fern in 2014 and now 37 and another facing prison.
I would have thought Milners signing on fee would have put a big hole in any profit made on the Sterling deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.