Media Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still no mention on the main Guardian football page, no match preview. The only article is buried at the bottom with the negative headline: "De Bruyne: City need to win the CL to change the narrative." I have to say that I have moved from the camp of those who think we get a poor press for commercial reasons (ie we are not great clickbait) to those who think there is a concerted effort to damage us by some media outlets. Simon Stone, the BBC's Manchester-based Football Reporter, has not put out a single tweet today on City. This really is unprecedented lack of coverage for an English team about to play the second largest match in world football. We are actually getting much more coverage in the foreign media than in the UK. And Real Madrid are getting more coverage in the English press.
They are a disgrace to "journalism?". Fucking lunatics, and God only knows how a proper sports editor is letting them get away with it?

Still no mention on the main Guardian football page, no match preview. The only article is buried at the bottom with the negative headline: "De Bruyne: City need to win the CL to change the narrative." I have to say that I have moved from the camp of those who think we get a poor press for commercial reasons (ie we are not great clickbait) to those who think there is a concerted effort to damage us by some media outlets. Simon Stone, the BBC's Manchester-based Football Reporter, has not put out a single tweet today on City. This really is unprecedented lack of coverage for an English team about to play the second largest match in world football. We are actually getting much more coverage in the foreign media than in the UK. And Real Madrid are getting more coverage in the English press.
Quite..

And as I pointed out the other day in this thread, the contrast between recent 'Telegraph' article by Luke Edwards and the same author's article of March 2021 sums it all up ('There it is, in one.. and some people have been coming on here for years claimng that there's no agenda. 'No agenda', my arse..')

Right now, according to Edwards, everyone should be getting behind Liverpool's quadruple bid; a year ago when City was in line to win all four trophies, it was bad for English football according to the same tosspot.

The lack of coverage in today of an English CL semi-final contender (as others have pointed out, zero mention of City in the 'Mail' or 'Guardian' other than through the lenses of Real or City's 'continuing CL failures') is not unexpected but (again, as many others have pointed out) it is a shameful new low for those in the media.

F**k 'em. Just get the job done tonight lads and let them all stew in their pathetic, agenda driven working lives.

C'mon you Blues!

They are a disgrace to "journalism?". Fucking lunatics, and God only knows how a proper sports editor is letting them get away with it?
Well Simon Stone's boss is Dan Roan who is the most vitriolic biased journalist in the UK when it comes to reporting on City. He is the only media person I know about who has actually been banned from the Etihad Stadium (when he produced an unethical article about Patrick Vieira in 2012). There is no chance of any Editorial balance at BBC online.

Well Simon Stone's boss is Dan Roan who is the most vitriolic biased journalist in the UK when it comes to reporting on City. He is the only media person I know about who has actually been banned from the Etihad Stadium (when he produced an unethical article about Patrick Vieira in 2012). There is no chance of any Editorial balance at BBC online.
Buffoons mate.

I'll be tuning in right at the booing tonight rather than watching Real Madrid TV. Horrific last week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.