Media Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
You’d think they’d be giddy about this rivalry, 2 best teams in the world, strength of the prem but nothing.
Are City playing tonight? There appears to be no mention at all in The Guardian? Although to be fair, there is an article about JLingz wanting to leave the swamp.
Having said that though, Guardian articles on us are usually shite

Sly Sports website now.

197-F1-B58-6-FD0-4-E34-835-D-797-A671-E3047.jpg

B12752-E1-CF37-4-F67-AA7-F-3-A3-C1393-C4-ED.jpg

Just watching the BBC there in Madrid. We are told the atmosphere among Real fans is apparently jubilant and expectant while City have a slender one goal lead and even if City do make it to the final, we must be dreading meeting Liverpool. They report with disbelief that the City fans are singing outside the bars.
Biased beyond belief.

Console yourself that the pain of City winning tonight and perhaps depriving Liverpool of two trophies, will eat them up inside for years to come.

The fact that we're top of the Premier league and in the semi final of the champions league, yet there's hardly been any mention in the press about the possibility of City doing the double says it all about the bias of the UK media.

I know that's separate to your point, but it will make any trophy success even sweeter!

I was informed last night, they're the best ever team built on a budget.

I pointed out that as they've only won the league cup, essentially they're the Oxford United of the 2020's.
Talkshite argued that this Liverpool team was built more organically than City's. I'm not sure what that means, and they for damn sure don't.

I can go down that road and also confirm she is to football journalism, what Solskjaer is to management.

Except Ole is prettier in the flesh and after the chemical peel and blonde extensions.

Her nickname was - Melissa Never Ready

Can you imagine a studio panel of the South African Dolphin, Jamie Redknapp and an exasperated Souness. It would be box office.

Yes, there's a new yard stick, created by the orange one from Talkshite for "elite clubs", and that is you cannot be an "elite club" if you were relegated to league one.

Being relegated is apparently fine for "elite clubs" like Bayern, Liverpool, Man U, Ac Milan, Juventus etc....but to be relegated to tier 3 for 1 season completely eliminates you from any kind of "elite club" status. Ah well. Unlucky lads. We were so close!

There has been 24 champions of England, not a lot for 150 years of competition & 17 of those champions have at some point dropped to or risen from the 3rd tier. It’s the beauty of the football pyramid. 2 of those 17 have also been champions of Europe, hopefully it will be a 3rd soon also.

It says something for his knowledge or opinion of the English league that many think it’s the greatest in the world but he thinks the 5th most successful club isn’t Elite.

Although I must say I don’t give a shit about elite or big, football teams superiority is decided on the grass by playing, anything else is wank.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.