Media Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's good that someone is finally bringing it up, but the article is internally inconsistent as if they can see it but don't want to believe it.

The headline says it "helps prove" the bias point and the article says it is "peculiar" this only happens to one club, but they themselves don't "give much credence" to the bias argument.

So which is it? A cabal of journalists who dress up City's and only City's transfers in as expensive a light as possible to show them negatively? Or ... well, what exactly? How do they explain it otherwise if they don't think it is bias?

Maybe I am being too hard on them and should be grateful they are at least recognising the bias, no, sorry, the effect of "preference, or the club involved". Not bias, though. Hell, no.
It's a start

Two players from Dortmund move to the same conurbation, less than 12 months apart. Reported by the same journalist in the same paper…

View attachment 42714View attachment 42716
I've just pulled James Ducker up on that piece by name in the comments section of the Haarland article in the Daily Telegraph. Let's see if he responds? What Pep has done by calling the media out is excellent. Even other none City fans are now making comments and asking why are we reported on so differently? As you have pointed out in this article and also the article by Luke Edwards on the quadruple in the Telegraph clearly demonstrates blatant anti City bias which is now simply undeniable.

It's good that someone is finally bringing it up, but the article is internally inconsistent as if they can see it but don't want to believe it.

The headline says it "helps prove" the bias point and the article says it is "peculiar" this only happens to one club, but they themselves don't "give much credence" to the bias argument.

So which is it? A cabal of journalists who dress up City's and only City's transfers in as expensive a light as possible to show them negatively? Or ... well, what exactly? How do they explain it otherwise if they don't think it is bias?

Maybe I am being too hard on them and should be grateful they are at least recognising the bias, no, sorry, the effect of "preference, or the club involved". Not bias, though. Hell, no.

It is a page to take the mick out of the crap media, and doesn't really intend to do anything that point out double-standards or out and out tosh.
Collymore and Custis are favourite targets.

On the transfer fee quoting with/without wages, I don't think it is just City, but it is clearly only for certain clubs where City are one of those clubs.
Or more accurately, who those clubs are not (wear red, play in the NW, aren't Crewe or Accrington).

The mickeys really believe they're doing things ''the right way''. I simply point out the cost of their last cl final squad. There is no come back from that.
Of course they do things the right way. Getting players to go on strike and conducting dodgy deals with related clubs. Every club should do that instead of paying a fair whack and agreeing transfers with the selling club.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.