Media Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even Alan Tichmarch on ITV has just had a little dig at us. Explaining how Portsmouth become the team to hold the FA cup for the longest period, 1938/39 up to 1945/46 season, he ended his ditty with "Dream on Manchester City" for some reason. I wouldn't mind , but its Leicester who are the current holders, why not use them instead
Probably just a case of "Dream on.............................................(insert name of best and most dominant team at
that particular time) and that,my friends,is City.

I wish the media would remember one basic truth that older City fans remember clearly!
It never works if you are constantly reacting to your neighbours and rivals actions! There is a clear parallel between the later Swales days and what United are doing today! Peter Swales was obsessed with overtaking Man United and the sanctioning of the Daley, Reeves and Francis signings in particular was a forlorn attempt to close the gap not just in success but in prestige! Maybe the Francis signing has most similarities to Ronaldo! Great player, scored on debut, City top of league at Christmas, injured second half of season, City faded, left soon afterwards, short term fix, expensive and no long term planning! But Swales never sorted out the core issues to get City back to the success of the late 60's and early 70's. He employed a succession of poor managers and although there were brief periods of hope e.g. getting to FA cup final under Bond, nothing ever really got sorted. A washed out Malcom Alison returned briefly in an attempt to recreate former glories and was a disaster. But the real issue was that the ownership of the club at the time was really poor and reactive and this is what always seemed to bring us down! Does this story remind you of anywhere? Perhaps an intelligent journalist might note the lessons of history! My only hope would be Samuel's!
Really good observations there Stockport.

One of the other biggest mistakes our neighbours also made was to ridicule our project.

It's inadvertently closed that option off for them and I've said it many times over the past decade. "The only way back for the rags now is to start again, rebuild and reinvent themselves".

Fortunately for the rest of the footballing fraternity they're way to arrogant to recognise that, so they'll spend years in the wilderness chasing shadows.

Even Alan Tichmarch on ITV has just had a little dig at us. Explaining how Portsmouth become the team to hold the FA cup for the longest period, 1938/39 up to 1945/46 season, he ended his ditty with "Dream on Manchester City" for some reason. I wouldn't mind , but its Leicester who are the current holders, why not use them instead
It's most likely because the green fingered fuckwit doesn't realise that the FA Cup and the League Cup are two separate competitions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.