Media Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quiz question: it's 2013, and which team in all of global sport has the most lucrative naming rights deal for their home stadium, per annum?

Guess who’s just posted this on twitter

Definitely mate. If you sensibly collate the sources on here and in the media you generally get the picture. It';s been like every sign since February has pointed towards this signing happening, enough that I put my arse on the line with my mates and those around me in the ground by telling them this was a "Done deal" since February.

If you look at the MEN City stories, particularly the "filler" type ones, there's no doubt the journos come on here in the morning to find out what's being discussed.
This whole saga has been fascinating. I'll hold my hands up, I got this one horribly wrong.

I usually get very good info out of Germany from some more than decent sources.

I got into it with a few posters (apologies @BillyShears), who were convinced we were Haaland's only choice. I was told by someone very close to Dortmund that there was absolutely no chance he'd end up at City, as they were doing everything possible to push him to Madrid (including ridiculous payment terms/structures).

Never been so happy to be wrong. Seems the lad himself really wanted this, despite all the noise.

I'd like to think this is the end of the 'little city' brigade that infest this place, but judging by some of the posts on the FDJ thread, I won't hold my breath.

Quiz question: it's 2013, and which team in all of global sport has the most lucrative naming rights deal for their home stadium, per annum?

It’s harder to guess which of the many gimps posted that than the original question. I’m curious which team held it in 2012 & 2022?

Don't know who said it but I'd guess the 2012 Champions of the richest football league in the world might get the biggest deal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.