Media Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
They said he guessed but I don't think he did.

Yep. It wasn't all, but one or two. He got some real personal abuse from them that was completely unnecessary. I am guessing City had had an indication of the award in the days before the announcement, and he had felt a spring in the step of some at the club and put two and two together. Kudos for putting it on the line. He would have been crucified if he had got it wrong.

I think it is safe to say that quite a lot of people on Bluemoon have better sources of information at City than any of the current crop of sports reporters in the broadcast and print media. Most of them just turn up at the press conference and then spin a few of the quotes from Pep to a pre-ordained angle. The sports hacks operate as a pack and often swap notes with each other before they publish. That way brings a safety in numbers. One well-worn trick is for one hack to phone another and quote another reporter as an unnamed source.
They are a disgrace really. Their lack of knowledge on football finance makes them look like fools. The Telegraph produced a couple of articles recently that were absurd. They are regarded with contempt by serious and courageous journalists who still try to tell the truth about places like Ukraine.
“The toy shop” as the sports desk used to be commonly known in the industry

Anybody heard of the football journalist Rob Hughes ?
Here's an extract from an article on European football in last week's edition of the New European:
'City ,of course, are a different kettle of fish. The Qatari state -owned club was purposely redesigned for Guardiola's arrival in July 2016'
Anyone spot the error?
Working for The New European?

Anybody heard of the football journalist Rob Hughes ?
Here's an extract from an article on European football in last week's edition of the New European:
'City ,of course, are a different kettle of fish. The Qatari state -owned club was purposely redesigned for Guardiola's arrival in July 2016'
Anyone spot the error?
Calling him a football journalist?

Yep. Fair's fair, the article doesn't have the issues I brought up on the tweet. It's an interesting read and I don't have many reasons to doubt the story as told (other than the Board having to ask what a 190 million investment was for, but I suppose that can be put down to artistic licence). Some things I hadn't heard before which I am willing to take at face value.
He changes horses in mid stream twice. Starts off as the board telling the execs, switches to the execs telling the board in the middle, then swops back again. I suggest that his version of the inner workings of City is muddled because he doesnt really know. A bit of homework and who’s who and in charge of what is public knowledge.
The execs are responsible for football decisions and the board approve the money. City’s execs do not sit on the board.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.