Media Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anybody heard of the football journalist Rob Hughes ?
Here's an extract from an article on European football in last week's edition of the New European:
'City ,of course, are a different kettle of fish. The Qatari state -owned club was purposely redesigned for Guardiola's arrival in July 2016'
Anyone spot the error?
Rob hughes wrote on football for over thirty years. Mainly in the Sunday Times. Freelance and semi retired now, I think.

I can remember watching us be taken apart by arsenal, finding myself standing up and applauding Henry and Pires. And we weren't bad, they were just other worldly.

Glad to see that kind of recognition is still alive on modern football despite the media beating the tribal drum daily.
And a few chants of its just like watching Brazil and we meant it

Anybody heard of the football journalist Rob Hughes ?
Here's an extract from an article on European football in last week's edition of the New European:
'City ,of course, are a different kettle of fish. The Qatari state -owned club was purposely redesigned for Guardiola's arrival in July 2016'
Anyone spot the error?
He mis-spelt Bald Fraud?

Just cancelled my subs about an hour ago. Explained why when asked and also told them I didn't expect the sort of bile I could read in the Mail/Mirror, whichever page it is printed on.
The telegraph genuinely hate City, they’re one of the worst media outlets for it

Went on the Daily Fail Football website this morning to read about City's 5-1 win at Wolves, KDB's 4 goals, and about the Champions elect in gerneral going 3 points clear of Liverpool, and being top of the PL again.

In order of articles.

1. Ten Hag winning the Dutch League.(main full headline)
2. Chelsea Sponsorhsip deal.
3. Celtic winning the title, fans welcome.
4. Mo Salah - I am the best.
5. Nice slam fans for Emiliano Salah chant.
6. BT & Eurosport merge.
7. UEFA warn Real Madrid and Liverpool fans about tickets.
8. Tim Paine out for 6 months through injury.
9 United GUARANTEED European football next season.
10. Nadal stands up for Russian tennis players.
11. FA Youth Cup brought the smile back to Old Trafford.(full headline)
12. Alejandro Garncho (United youth player) Family embrace.(with picture)
13. Top UFC offical admits weighing scales have been tampered with.
14. Jamie O'Hara - Arsenal will crumble and fall apart tonight.
15. Lewandoski no longer feels apart of Bayern Munich.
16. Newcastle join United (once again) in the race for Napoli striker Osimhen.
17. Celtic arrive home as heros.(full headline + video)
18. Cheillini confirms he's leaving Juve.
19. Chesterfield axe Manager James Rowe.
20. Ukraine football team to play for the first time Russia since invasion.(full headline)
21. KDB pays the perfect tribute to Haaland.
22. Decan Rice to reject Wes Ham's £200k offer.
23. United Youth cup winners mtch report in-front of record 67,000 crowd.(full headline)
24. Pep hit by more injury woes.
25.Jesse Marsch words of wisdom backfire.
FINALLY!!
26. Martin Samuel's match report. Wolves v City.(full headline)
Poor old Chesterfield needed a change of manager. I missed that not being a reader of the worst paper in print.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.