Media Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
All he said was Pep and Klopp have a friendly rivalry. However the execs hate each other going back to the bus being bricked.

Cross followed this up with if a play off is needed for the title it should be done racing the team coaches.

He knows what's going on. I just wish there was one newspaper who says "Fuck em" and uses all the evidence they can. The Scouse threaten to sue and would lose.

But we know what would happen. They would lose media access to them in retaliation and they are shit scared that would make their sales plummet.
The New York Times and the Times (of England) know the full story of the FFP leaks but it's not a story they will ever publish because they are still using the same sources and LFC are more commercially valuable to them than City.
I am surprised though that, apart from Martin Samuel, virtually no one has been in our camp, not least because what has happened behind the scenes with the campaign against City is a fantastic news story.

I'd love one of these journalists to do a good deep dive into the American takeover of the PL. That meeting that Arsenal, Rags and Dipper owners were at didn't get anywhere near the scrutiny it should have had. Their involvement in the Super League thingumabob should also be investigated.

Oh, and there's no way the new Chelsea owner hasn't had some talks with the other American owners and discussed their 5 and 10 year plans for our league (they fucking love their 5 and 10 year plans).
I believe the Yanks got Chelsea because they were happy to accept Abromovich demand that Buck stays as CEO. The others said get to fuck. What's so important about Buck and his influence?

The New York Times and the Times (of England) know the full story of the FFP leaks but it's not a story they will ever publish because they are still using the same sources and LFC are more commercially valuable to them than City.
I am surprised though that, apart from Martin Samuel, virtually no one has been in our camp, not least because what has happened behind the scenes with the campaign against City is a fantastic news story.
Maybe it will see the light of day soon?

Pep being allowed to say what he thinks might be the start of it.

Say, an ex player based in another country "reveals all" when the time is right.

I would piss myself if it was someone like Merlin who did it.

I had the misfortune of listening to a Podcast earlier this week with Delaney Mike Calvin and some other Journo.

When discussing Pep’s comments Delaney spouted his usual sportswashing human rights script, but then finished with the money shot that City get no traction online unless it’s a negative story like the Champs League exit.

And that’s the answer we all know. All the other shit we get is just ingredients for negative story slant that they need for clicks and engagement.

It’s not complicated. Why on earth do they feel the need to deny it when we all know the reason the teams in red get the coverage they do, and why we get the opposite.
So true. Nothing sells better than a negative City story because LFC and MUFC fans across the globe love them. It's the only thing keeping United fans going these days.

The Sun should have done once the City of ‘it means more’ effectively banned them from being sold there

Its still the one of the most bought papers in the city.

I remember the editor crowing about how sales of the paper doubled in Merseyside after they won the CL. Principles on pause when there’s a special “cup winners” edition.

Why is the European super cup a major trophy but the charity shield isn’t? It seems like you either take both or neither.

The charity shield the European not so super cup,and the world club trophy are all closed competition.
None of them are major trophies.

On a par with the Juan Gamper or the Thomas Cook trophy,imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.