Media Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fucking state of this

Buggered if I'm reading that (looks like pure clickbait to me) but if the criteria is to have won the 1st division title, the FA & League cups and the European cup/CL title then I feel Notts Forest, Aston Villa & Chelsea would feel a little aggrieved.

In fact Forest & Villa did it the hard way when the European cup was only played by actual champions. Our European Cup Winners Cup could be argued to be have been a harder win than the over inflated farce that is the CL nowadays.

No doubt they've added some little caveat in there, perhaps in timescale just to shoehorn them both into the same article.

Listening to Graham Souness yesterday said everything.

Winning the title was ALWAYS the priority for him , teammates and LFC back in the day, the most difficult and rewarding trophy to win.

Cups are great, wonderful memories of the winning day, but the rewards of hard grind for 9 months of the year should never be underestimated.

If the Champions of Europe involved a season long campaign playing better teams than you meet in half of the CL games for a total of 38 games, and being denigrated by your own press match after match into the bargain, then I'd hold up my hand and say 'Yes, you are the best in Europe!' But how can you be the best in Europe when yer not the best in England. We know City are not the best in Europe, one of the best, but come Sunday evening we might be able to say WE ARE THE BEST IN ENGLAND!

Buggered if I'm reading that (looks like pure clickbait to me) but if the criteria is to have won the 1st division title, the FA & League cups and the European cup/CL title then I feel Notts Forest, Aston Villa & Chelsea would feel a little aggrieved.

In fact Forest & Villa did it the hard way when the European cup was only played by actual champions. Our European Cup Winners Cup could be argued to be have been a harder win than the over inflated farce that is the CL nowadays.
It’s Nottingham Forest and did you see who they beat in 1980 on their way the the final?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.