Media Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Freedom of Expression

Parts of the media are reporting on the rights to freedom of expression in the context of booing at the FA Cup Final during `Abide with Me` and whilst the National Anthem was being sung. It has since been escalated by some MPs. The public face of Liverpool FC, their coach / manager, called their supporters "wonderful people".

Regardless of opinions on either side, once again the facts are that when things go wrong, and sometimes badly, these wonderful people are either inside or outside the stadium on too many occasions for it just to be coincidence. Even in celebration of a Premier League trophy, it somehow went wrong in the town centre of Liverpool.

When a respected journalist of many years standing wrote that these same people “frightened the living daylights” out of him -

https://www.sportsjournalists.co.uk...press-columnist-mafham-accepts-reach-pay-out/

he was hounded out of his job and eventually paid off. It was felt that this was because what he wrote was recognised and understood by so many others who felt gagged by the media and political might that Liverpool leverage.

It seems that freedom of expression only works one way.

Offended by everything and shamed by nothing.
Booing the National Anthem and Prince Wiliam is a childish gesture whatever your political views. Booing Abide with Me is just totally ridiculous. What the fuck is the matter with these people? LFC fans have become some sort of social media cult. Can't they think for themselves?

Booing the National Anthem and Prince Wiliam is a childish gesture whatever your political views. Booing Abide with Me is just totally ridiculous. What the fuck is the matter with these people? LFC fans have become some sort of social media cult. Can't they think for themselves?
I’d assumed they were siding with Harry and Meghan and were simply expressing their displeasure at some of the issues raised in Oprah’s interview. No ?

Manchester(United)evening news running an article by Rooney claiming our 3-2 win v QPR was questionable and should be looked into.

Hope our lawyers are all over this.

Its so laughable, esp given what the Rags have had inc that season with dodgy penalties galore, Oliver bottling a Fulham penalty v them, Young diving v Villa for a penalty and sending off etc etc etc. Nice to know he is hurting still from that day 10 years on

Freedom of Expression

Parts of the media are reporting on the rights to freedom of expression in the context of booing at the FA Cup Final during `Abide with Me` and whilst the National Anthem was being sung. It has since been escalated by some MPs. The public face of Liverpool FC, their coach / manager, called their supporters "wonderful people".

Regardless of opinions on either side, once again the facts are that when things go wrong, and sometimes badly, these wonderful people are either inside or outside the stadium on too many occasions for it just to be coincidence. Even in celebration of a Premier League trophy, it somehow went wrong in the town centre of Liverpool.

When a respected journalist of many years standing wrote that these same people “frightened the living daylights” out of him -

https://www.sportsjournalists.co.uk...press-columnist-mafham-accepts-reach-pay-out/

he was hounded out of his job and eventually paid off. It was felt that this was because what he wrote was recognised and understood by so many others who felt gagged by the media and political might that Liverpool leverage.

It seems that freedom of expression only works one way.
Indeed it does - even on here........

Manchester(United)evening news running an article by Rooney claiming our 3-2 win v QPR was questionable and should be looked into.

Hope our lawyers are all over this.

Its so laughable, esp given what the Rags have had inc that season with dodgy penalties galore, Oliver bottling a Fulham penalty v them, Young diving v Villa for a penalty and sending off etc etc etc. Nice to know he is hurting still from that day 10 years on
I actually think this is soooooo funny, maybe Wazza can get Rio to speak to his brother Anton who played for QPR that day, “hey Wio, did your Anton and his mates cheat to let City win the title?”

CSI Agueroooooooooooooo

Whether they like it or not the narrative from the media is loud and clear "please, anyone but Man City"
I disagree. The narrative from the media is "anyone with a global following of cretinous, vacuous mugs that we can shamelessly monetise". If we met this criteria, they would love us. We don't. They don't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.