Media Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Personally I enjoy singing the national anthem, find Scousers insufferable when it comes to football, and think booing Abide With Me is disgusting, especially when it's being sung by people whose families are affected by an awful, underpublicised disease like sickle cell.

However, I am very wary of any outrage campaign led by the likes of the DM. When people were booing players for taking the knee, they had no problem with it, and we have a a PM who wouldn't condemn it for days. Considering what black players and fans have been through through the years, and still go through - including our black players and fans - that was pretty disgusting. Basically these are people who say they want freedom of speech, but what they really want is freedom of speech entirely on their terms, ie the freedom to be nasty to minorities and not the powerful.

Don't get me wrong. Not in favour of booing anthem, hymns, or the President of the FA. There are far better ways to express discontent. But I suspect there's more to this tabloid 'outrage'. There's a section of the press which just does not like anyone who won't pretend all is rosy in the garden, and they like it even less when you're from a big Northern city where they don't have much control over opinion.

this is it for me, show respect to people performing & if you are making a political statement then make sure you know what it is. How can a choir created to bring attention to those suffering singing a hymn deserve this.

09d9a96564cce0f8d80d64ae16b2e856.jpg
What's the bleeding time ?

It's only Monday and it's already started.

As the game gets closer it will be wall to wall Slipp G revenge.

5580-B880-D802-4-D50-A34-D-35-CA340-BCA8-A.jpg

Hilarious isn't it? Like Coutinho is going to be more up for Sunday, Liverpool fans boo him every time he plays. Add to that, Gerrard getting a result isn't payback for his slip.

The idea that Villa are more up for it because their manager wants Liverpool to win the league is a nonsense. Are Matty Cash and Mings up for a game more because their manager is a Scouser? Are they fuck.

Hilarious isn't it? Like Coutinho is going to be more up for Sunday, Liverpool fans boo him every time he plays. Add to that, Gerrard getting a result isn't payback for his slip.

The idea that Villa are more up for it because their manager wants Liverpool to win the league is a nonsense. Are Matty Cash and Mings up for a game more because their manager is a Scouser? Are they fuck.
They are more likely to be thinking of what time do they need to get to Manchester airport for the trip to Dubai (yes the irony) Sunday evening Monday morning

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.