Media Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Manchester(United)evening news running an article by Rooney claiming our 3-2 win v QPR was questionable and should be looked into.

Hope our lawyers are all over this.

Its so laughable, esp given what the Rags have had inc that season with dodgy penalties galore, Oliver bottling a Fulham penalty v them, Young diving v Villa for a penalty and sending off etc etc etc. Nice to know he is hurting still from that day 10 years on

I have met a few rag fans over the years who are convinced that Paddy Kenny's performance was at the centre of some nefarious skullduggery contrived to deny United the title.
It's such a bizarre and hilarious take.
Granted he might have done better for Zabba's goal but he then decided to start playing like fricking Lev Yashin for the rest of the day!
His save from Mario's header was genuinely as good a point-blank stop as the Etihad has ever seen. I'll always remember thinking, 'now you fricking well pull that one out of your locker, Paddy..!?'
Under any other circumstances, I might be tempted to say he didn't deserve to be on the losing side that day but well, even at this remove, I just can't bring myself to do so.

Said this for ages, that even if you add in those points that team are mid table shite. Listening to the media you'd think he was Brian Clough.
Rooney is built up as some sort of managerial genius by his media pals but no serious organisation would employ him just because he was a very good player. When he acts as a pundit he comes across as a tactical moron. He spent virtually his whole career playing in a rigid 442 formation under Ferguson. His behaviour off the field is totally unprofessional. There is nothing to suggest he will make even an average manager.

Freedom of Expression

Parts of the media are reporting on the rights to freedom of expression in the context of booing at the FA Cup Final during `Abide with Me` and whilst the National Anthem was being sung. It has since been escalated by some MPs. The public face of Liverpool FC, their coach / manager, called their supporters "wonderful people".

Regardless of opinions on either side, once again the facts are that when things go wrong, and sometimes badly, these wonderful people are either inside or outside the stadium on too many occasions for it just to be coincidence. Even in celebration of a Premier League trophy, it somehow went wrong in the town centre of Liverpool.

When a respected journalist of many years standing wrote that these same people “frightened the living daylights” out of him -

https://www.sportsjournalists.co.uk...press-columnist-mafham-accepts-reach-pay-out/

he was hounded out of his job and eventually paid off. It was felt that this was because what he wrote was recognised and understood by so many others who felt gagged by the media and political might that Liverpool leverage.

It seems that freedom of expression only works one way.
And his editor was, surprisingly enough, a Liverpool supporter!

This is unbelievable, could you imagine the angle the English media would take if our fans had done this? And yet here the BBC are almost doing the complete opposite and giving Klopp the platform to defend them. Is it that they are pro Scouse fans or are they actually scared of them? There has been virtually zero negative coverage of this event taking place.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220516-232501_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20220516-232501_Chrome.jpg
    158 KB · Views: 103
This is unbelievable, could you imagine the angle the English media would take if our fans had done this? And yet here the BBC are almost doing the complete opposite and giving Klopp the platform to defend them. Is it that they pro Scouse fans or are they actually scared of them? There has been virtually zero negative coverage of this event taking place.
Bending over backwards to be non-judgemental aren’t they? Almost like they feel they daren’t be.

This is unbelievable, could you imagine the angle the English media would take if our fans had done this? And yet here the BBC are almost doing the complete opposite and giving Klopp the platform to defend them. Is it that they are pro Scouse fans or are they actually scared of them? There has been virtually zero negative coverage of this event taking place.
We don't need to imagine. Looks at the way they jumped on us before knowing the facts in the semi final.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.