Media Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just find it weird. Us booing UEFA made way way more headlines than a set of englishmen booing they're own national anthem and a hymn which has no political meaning whatsoever in this context.
I would honestly expect what they did to be headline news in other countries that were taking the match live, as my critical expectations for them and the UK press are non/existent.
Surely foreign viewers (and tv presenters and journalists) would have found it all pretty shocking, esp American fans of theirs.

Booing the National Anthem and Prince Wiliam is a childish gesture whatever your political views. Booing Abide with Me is just totally ridiculous. What the fuck is the matter with these people? LFC fans have become some sort of social media cult. Can't they think for themselves?
As was very accurately said (although not specifically about the cult (sp) members:
Brian: You've got to think for your selves! You're ALL individuals!
The Crowd: Yes! We're all individuals!
Brian: You're all different!
The Crowd: Yes, we ARE all different!

Sums them up.

The best way to deal with scouse vermin and their lack of respect for the national anthem is for a few senior politicians to put pressure on the broadcasters that when the scouse national anthem is played before games that they go to an ad break or they focus the camera on the players or the managers and talk over it. Nothing like ignoring their hymn and showing them zero respect to get them riled

I just find it weird. Us booing UEFA made way way more headlines than a set of englishmen booing they're own national anthem and a hymn which has no political meaning whatsoever in this context.
Who would have thought that the descendants of this country’s last set of slave traders would have booed a black choir singing Abide With Me either? The same ancestors who openly supported and campaigned for the south in the American civil war.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.