Media Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
He just couldn't help himself though with things like:
'There are of course other sides to this transformation. City’s nation-state ownership is 14 years old now' and also:
'City’s superpower has been to set about elite level sport with the coherence of an overt political project, backed by bottomless reserves, extreme executive competence and a willingness to litigate.' I think we have now reached a cross roads with the media. The average football fan has wised up to the extreme Liverpool / United biased media and have started to see what it is with their own eyes. It has got both irritating and boring for them. It's turning them off and making us more likeable. Also, after Sunday, the success we have achieved and how we have gone about it on the pitch is starting to be recognised. The football is truly undeniably sublime and the average football fan see's and realises this and and now actually admires it. Therefore the MSM have a problem. Obviously the likes of SKY will not stop the way they do things in the foreseeable future as their business model is based on armchair supporters paying their subscriptions. The press will have to start to moderate their blatant bias, spite and bile as it has become a turnoff and not a turn on to Mr average which means less clicks and therefore less advertising revenues. I guess we can live in hope.
Great post. It is clear that the mainstream football media is well out of touch with its audience. The reality is that what has happened to English football in the last ten years is amazing, Our clubs dominate at the top in Europe and the national team has been to a World Cup semi and a Euros Final. There has been a revolution led by people like Pep which has transformed the game.
It has been a great story but some elements of the media have missed that story because of their fixation on the past. It has been a huge missed opportunity for organisations like SKY who are unwilling or unable to change from their "1990s banter generation" coverage. That's why SKY will be wiped out by the large streaming media groups and the football clubs themselves (owning and controlling their own media coverage via pay-per-view).

SSN were peddling that all day yesterday.
Re: Ten Hag's statement that he was going to break the dominance of City and Liverpool, yes it was headline news at 1 p.m., ahead of the fact that we'd just won the title.

Oddly I didn't realise Liverpool were dominating anything. Didn't the rags finish 2nd last year? Another manager who knows nothing about their history then, not even as recent as last season.

Re: Ten Hag's statement that he was going to break the dominance of City and Liverpool, yes it was headline news at 1 p.m., ahead of the fact that we'd just won the title.

Oddly I didn't realise Liverpool were dominating anything. Didn't the rags finish 2nd last year? Another manager who knows nothing about their history then, not even as recent as last season.
Bookies are giving 1/4 on that they don't win the league for at least the next 3 years, poundland will be history ages before that bet can pay out.

Great post. It is clear that the mainstream football media is well out of touch with its audience. The reality is that what has happened to English football in the last ten years is amazing, Our clubs dominate at the top in Europe and the national team has been to a World Cup semi and a Euros Final. There has been a revolution led by people like Pep which has transformed the game.
It has been a great story but some elements of the media have missed that story because of their fixation on the past. It has been a huge missed opportunity for organisations like SKY who are unwilling or unable to change from their "1990s banter generation" coverage. That's why SKY will be wiped out by the large streaming media groups and the football clubs themselves (owning and controlling their own media coverage via pay-per-view).
Exactly this and it will be the American owned clubs that drive the switch to PPV on their own channels and it's coming soon. Why SKY can't see this is strange (or maybe they can and just don't know what to do about it?). If they became more neutral, fair, balanced and objective with their football coverage and made the subscription charges affordable then everyone would benefit. With SKY blowing smoke up the backsides of the American owned clubs and aggressively promoting them above all others it does seem like turkeys voting for Christmas.

Manchester-based Simon Stone and his boss Dan Roan have pretty much ignored City's success apart from a few tweets highlighting the pitch invasion. There is a genuine problem within BBC sport online. The Manchester-based Football Reporter spent the last day covering Brentford v Leeds in London. This is just strange really considering the PL finale was a headline story across the world including all the main US networks and media outlets.
A few years ago I remember it being revealed that "A symbiotic relationship" between BBC Sport and the scum being revealed.

I wonder if the same relationship is offered to the Scouse as well?

Ferran Soriano:

"We are not a ‘state club’, we are a club owned by three shareholders that look for profit... We don’t have more money/resources than the others. You only have to look at Manchester United’s spending these last few years and you’ll see they’ve spent more money."

[via Esports Rac1]

AC4F0918-9DAB-4CF8-8070-27BFB12BFA09.jpeg

Exactly this and it will be the American owned clubs that drive the switch to PPV on their own channels and it's coming soon. Why SKY can't see this is strange (or maybe they can and just don't know what to do about it?). If they became more neutral, fair, balanced and objective with their football coverage and made the subscription charges affordable then everyone would benefit. With SKY blowing smoke up the backsides of the American owned clubs and aggressively promoting them above all others it does seem like turkeys voting for Christmas.
Perhaps SKY are in some sort of denial like the printed press were about the Internet. I actually despise their childish match coverage these days with people like Tyler. I am in my sixties and yet I feel it is outdated. What do younger fans think? You are right they are so obsessed with clickbait that they are promoting LFC and MUFC, the clubs who are trying to put them out of business.

He just couldn't help himself though with things like:
'There are of course other sides to this transformation. City’s nation-state ownership is 14 years old now' and also:
'City’s superpower has been to set about elite level sport with the coherence of an overt political project, backed by bottomless reserves, extreme executive competence and a willingness to litigate.' I think we have now reached a cross roads with the media. The average football fan has wised up to the extreme Liverpool / United biased media and have started to see what it is with their own eyes. It has got both irritating and boring for them. It's turning them off and making us more likeable. Also, after Sunday, the success we have achieved and how we have gone about it on the pitch is starting to be recognised. The football is truly undeniably sublime and the average football fan see's and realises this and and now actually admires it. Therefore the MSM have a problem. Obviously the likes of SKY will not stop the way they do things in the foreseeable future as their business model is based on armchair supporters paying their subscriptions. The press will have to start to moderate their blatant bias, spite and bile as it has become a turnoff and not a turn on to Mr average which means less clicks and therefore less advertising revenues. I guess we can live in hope.
The litigate bit is a bit of a strange comment

Another gripe I have is that whenever anyone is talking about teams like united and Chelsea becoming a force again, they almost without exception say (in this exact order) that they are years away from getting close to "Liverpool and City". Why is it always that order? One team has won 6 of the last 10 (and 4 of the last 5) Premier League titles and one has won one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.