Media Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe get a Manchester journalist to ask why the complaint has been rejected but more importantly why did they get it wrong. I suspect they will say that the applause started in the 23rd minute hence their unfortunate error. But I would argue that if that was the case then they must have known about it beforehand so why didn’t they check. Plenty around me had no idea why the applause was happening so the BBC must have known something was happening otherwise it wouldn’t have been mentioned.
I actually believe their account for how the error was made: it was a genuine mistake.

On the SKY game, it took Tyler a while to grasp why the clapping started. I imagine the BBC guy didn't get it either, and by the time he'd looked at his clock he has seen 23 mins and finally clocked it was about the bombing and so mistakenly named 23 victims. i don't think he intended to include the bomber in the number, he just made a cock up. This was compounded in production by adding the 23 mins graphic. Shouldn't have happened, but mistakes do happen.

When they do though, you should publicly apologise. If you google BBC apologies they apologise prominently for almost everything. As a sort of analogy, when Kobe Bryant died they used a visual of the wrong person, and apologised quite rightly. Here they got the death toll wrong from one of the worst terrorist attorcities the country has ever seen. It's a very similar thing and so there's a clear precedent to apologise. Their complaints policy also references they will apologise publicly for errors. I literally just don't get why they won't

Like many people, the memories of the bombing and the impact of victims and families is still fresh in my mind. Millions of people watch MOTD and given the context lots of Mancunians would have been tuning in. I'm not an offence junky but I thought the error was distasteful and deserves public correction.

I've escalated the complaint to the next level in the BBC, lets see where that gets to

If there's anyone from the BBC on here, maybe see sense? Be human? All I'm asking for is some form of public acknowledgement of the error and an apology (on the BBC Manchester web pages, maybe the BBC sport or MOTD twitter accounts). Not after some form of self-flagelation or the people involved being sacked.

Last edited:
Predictably, Panja - who didn’t write a word about the Haaland signing - is all over Tebas’s racist, self interested posturing like a tramp on chips. Repeating his usual lies and tropes. Bought and paid for
Indeed, and even manages to blame City for "dragging out a PL investigation for years..."
What an utter twat!

Last edited:
Predictably, Panja - who didn’t write a word about the Haaland signing - is all over Tebas’s racist, self interested posturing like a tramp on chips. Repeating his usual lies and tropes. Bought and paid for
This is the guy who had a problem with us withholding evidence from UEFA, but now has a problem with us giving the PL too much information

He also believes we have inflated sponsorships whilst also undercutting our rivals

Doesn’t matter what we do, it will be an issue for this clown. Tariq is clearly a stooge for someone, can’t imagine who tho??

Last edited:
Why would our wages, linked to performance, + amortisation be the highest in the league over the last 5 years?
Premier League - x4
Caribaou Cup - x4
FA Cup x1
9 pieces of silverware that's why.
This would also suggest we are the highest prize money earners in the league over the last 5 years. (Including a CL final and semi and quarters)
Highest earners spend most money shocker!

This is the guy who had a problem with us withholding evidence from UEFA, but now has a problem with us giving the PL too much information

He also believes we have inflated sponsorships whilst also undercutting our rivals

Doesn’t matter what we do, it will be an issue for this clown. Tariq is clearly a stooge for someone, can’t imagine who tho??
Haha yes apparently we have ‘buried them in paperwork’

I actually believe their account for how the error was made: it was a genuine mistake.

On the SKY game, it took Tyler a while to grasp why the clapping started. I imagine the BBC guy didn't get it either, and by the time he'd looked at his clock he has seen 23 mins and finally clocked it was about the bombing and so mistakenly named 23 victims. i don't think he intended to include the bomber in the number, he just made a cock up. This was compounded in production by adding the 23 mins graphic. Shouldn't have happened, but mistakes do happen.

When they do though, you should publicly apologise. If you google BBC apologies they apologise prominently for almost everything. As a sort of analogy, when Kobe Bryant died they used a visual of the wrong person, and apologised quite rightly. Here they got the death toll wrong from one of the worst terrorist attorcities the country has ever seen. It's a very similar thing and so there's a clear precedent to apologise. Their complaints policy also references they will apologise publicly for errors. I literally just don't get why they won't

Like many people, the memories of the bombing and the impact of victims and families is still fresh in my mind. Millions of people watch MOTD and given the context lots of Mancunians would have been tuning in. I'm not an offence junky but I thought the error was distasteful and deserves public correction.

I've escalated the complaint to the next level in the BBC, lets see where that gets to

If there's anyone from the BBC on here, maybe see sense? Be human? All I'm asking for is some form of public acknowledgement of the error and an apology (on the BBC Manchester web pages, maybe the BBC sport or MOTD twitter accounts). Not after some form of self-flagelation or the people involved being sacked.
Demote whoever cocked up and promote the trainee from the ticker incident with aforementioned apology and they improve things going forward.

Not much being said about Lukaku possibly going out on loan to Inter after his near £100 million transfer to Chelsea just 12 months ago.
Maybe trash talk over players at these prices is just reserved for Jack Grealish, you know with him winning a Premier league medal in his 1st season as well

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.