Media Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
And we may play a 4-2-3-1 requiring a double pivot. Bernardo sometimes does that role but if there's uncertainty over his situation, it'll take someone else a season to bed in properly.
I wondered about that, but cannot see a double pivot being used often - we already lose a creative midfielder to accommodate Haaland (no, that's not a complaint), let's hope Bernardo is sorted soon, that would be a bad bad loss...

Yep, we can't really go in to [the Mendy case], but some things suggest not cut and dried.

Mendy is charged with ten offences involving, IIRC, seven different complainants in relation to alleged events that occurred over a period of nearly three years. It wouldn't be at all a surprise if the legal grounds for some of those charges seem more solid than those for other charges, but what you're saying sounds different from that.

It's worth noting that the PL standard player's contract allows City to terminate Mendy's contract if he's convicted of one offence and sentenced to at least three months' imprisonment. However, even if the burden of proof for a conviction isn't reach for any of the charges, it's possible (theoretically - I have no inside knowledge of the case) that the circumstances could nonetheless give rise to a view of conduct on Mendy's part that amounted to gross misconduct and justified summary dismissal.

However, I'd better not comment/speculate further, I guess. It'd only cause legal trouble for the board.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.