Media Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
I presume the relatively low fee they received for Mane was a bit of a quid pro quo for Thiago, which is fair enough I guess. Seeing the tabloids portray the fee as some kind of victory for Liverpool is a bit much though, if not unexpected.

Both moved at exactly the same age. Both in the last year of their contracts. Both moving for fees a few million apart. Both great players.

The most obvious difference is that one had an abysmal injury record, while the other's is near perfect. Mane averages 10-15 full games a season MORE than Thiago.

Strangely the Thiago fee was presented as the biggest bargain in football history. There are a bizarre number of stories about the transfer which mention Michael Edwards, as if he pulled off some kind of magic trick in fooling Bayern to pay so little.

I presume the relatively low fee they received for Mane was a bit of a quid pro quo for Thiago, which is fair enough I guess. Seeing the tabloids portray the fee as some kind of victory for Liverpool is a bit much though, if not unexpected.

Mad - Ballon D'Or nominee and a huge part of their success (limited by City) since he signed. It's not a good fee or a win for Liverpool

Well City certainly got the money they wanted for Ferran Torres. £46.7 million plus £8 million in add ons only a season and a bit after buying him for £20.8 million. But you won't see that great bit of business mentioned in the media even though it also paid for Erling Haaland.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.