Media Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Parker should shut up IMO.

Most of this has probably already been said but I'll say it anyway.

Pep put his foot in his mouth from PR point of view but his intentions were good. He wants the team to be pushed to their limits and the atmosphere is part of that. The best chance of having a great atmosphere is a full stadium.

He was there for the Liverpool game, the Spurs game etc when the atmosphere has been electric and he wants more of it. Just like a player that has worldies every so often, you end up sounding like you're giving them stick but it's more born out of frustration because you know how good they can be.

He's like this with his players too, he wants the best out of everyone and he does go over the top sometimes but I think it shows how passionate he is and how much he really does care about these things. Even if it does mean he sometimes overthinks things in big games that he's concerned about, or overreaches with the fans, or maybe upsets a player every so often. You have to take the shit with the shine, he's not perfect but he's the best manager City could hope for and we'll all miss him when he does finally move on.

Forget how the media has spun it because they'd love nothing more than to cause a rift with the manager and divide the fans. They hate us all, from the owner, to the club, to the fans, we are fair game for them. Take it with the best intentions and if you're at the game get behind the team vocally, that's all he really wants, a good atmosphere. So do the players.
It saddens me how easily some City supporters follow the media agenda. They would like nothing more than to see Pep Guardiola leave. I suspect Pep Guardiola has more about him though.

Completely uncalled for. When you've put over 20 years unpaid work helping City fans in the OSC then you can criticise.

But as I know only too well, there's always someone sat behind a keyboard prepared to have a pop at anyone who does stick their head above the parapet.It's very easy to have a go at people like Kevin, who put themselves out ther, and his words probably weren't the best way to respond. But he's spent the best part of his adult life actively working on behalf of his members.
Fair play PB but why did he have to shit on his own doorstep?

I'm all for having a pop about City with fellow Blues but outside of that it's circle the wagons and defend to the death!

Talkshite living upto its name claiming Pep has threatened to walk if the fans dont want him.

Absolute clusterfuck of a week PR wise.

Talkshite living upto its name claiming Pep has threatened to walk if the fans dont want him.

Absolute clusterfuck of a week PR wise.
But Pep did actually say he would step aside if the fans don't want him and added: "It would be no problem." Why did he say that to a TV camera. He didn't have to and must have known the headlines it would generate. He could have smiled and laughed it all off. He gave our enemies in the press (and there are lots of them) just what they wanted. Clusterfuck is the right word.

Fair play PB but why did he have to shit on his own doorstep?

I'm all for having a pop about City with fellow Blues but outside of that it's circle the wagons and defend to the death!
I don't agree with what Kevin Parker did but it's pretty clear that he felt he was acting in good faith.

The way Pep said it after the game was clumsy, I have heard a lot of blues opinions on this and they all felt it was a dig. Kevin merely aired his annoyance. Guardiola explained himself today but too late damage done. They say all publicity is good publicity, but for all the good things the club do the PR is fucking amateurish, if we are going to keep everything in house bar the managers required interviews he will fuck up.
The club needs a rethink on how it works with the media, they way it communicates with it and the messaging it puts out. This year has been dreadful, starting with powderpuff piece by the chairman after the CL final nothing is coherent.

But Pep did actually say he would step aside if the fans don't want him and added: "It would be no problem." Why did he say that to a TV camera. He didn't have to and must have known the headlines it would generate. He could have smiled and laughed it all off. He gave our enemies in the press (and there are lots of them) just what they wanted. Clusterfuck is the right word.

I can imagine ‘The Thick of It’ vibes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.