Media Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was the first home match of the season against Everton in 17/18 when the "official" attendance was 49,000.
Every other home game that season was 53-54000.

The Everton game was rammed when it had filled up after about 15 mins. Clear as day it was a full one and the official number was wrong.
Great memory mate........

Just seen this tweet and was intrigued by the account - obviously a Rabin fan!

Anyway, looking at the small list of followers it's nearly a full house from the WhatsApp group with Delaney, Panja and McGeehan prominent. A lot of LFC followers too, so my money's on Panja being behind it.

My word - beyond obsessed...........

Indeed.

50,000 fans all cycling to the game and then purchasing vegan wraps in biodegradable packaging whilst drinking a pint of carrot juice from the reusable cup they brought with them.

Not to mention the shit on the pitch.
Halftime music of Mumford and sons blaring out from a gramophone?

Having spent the entirety of my life supporting this club, like a lot of others most of my youth was spent travelling to shitholes watching us battle it out on the pitch and have to fight our way back to our transport on occasion against Wankchester Rovers or the like, todays team is like some Utopian dream.
I know it's meant well but I think this narrative which I see a lot of on social media plays into the hands of our detractors. The idea that we spent most of our history in the lower divisions pre-takeover in the lower divisions is false. We spent four seasons in the 80s in the second tier, five in the late 90s (one of which was of the third tier). That's 9 years of the last 50 odd not in the top division. I don't know exactly how old you are but I very much doubt you spent most of your youth travelling to shitholes more than you did supporting us in division 1/premier league. In an all time league table of the top division pre-takeover we would be in the top 6 or 7. The narrative that we were some downtrodden lower division club before the takeover is false and more than a little irritating (to me anyway).

Last night SSN had the top stories headline "Guardiola won't apologize to City fans" frozen on the screen instead of the usual rotating.
Maybe their wifi wasn't working!

Parker should shut up IMO.

Most of this has probably already been said but I'll say it anyway.

Pep put his foot in his mouth from PR point of view but his intentions were good. He wants the team to be pushed to their limits and the atmosphere is part of that. The best chance of having a great atmosphere is a full stadium.

He was there for the Liverpool game, the Spurs game etc when the atmosphere has been electric and he wants more of it. Just like a player that has worldies every so often, you end up sounding like you're giving them stick but it's more born out of frustration because you know how good they can be.

He's like this with his players too, he wants the best out of everyone and he does go over the top sometimes but I think it shows how passionate he is and how much he really does care about these things. Even if it does mean he sometimes overthinks things in big games that he's concerned about, or overreaches with the fans, or maybe upsets a player every so often. You have to take the shit with the shine, he's not perfect but he's the best manager City could hope for and we'll all miss him when he does finally move on.

Forget how the media has spun it because they'd love nothing more than to cause a rift with the manager and divide the fans. They hate us all, from the owner, to the club, to the fans, we are fair game for them. Take it with the best intentions and if you're at the game get behind the team vocally, that's all he really wants, a good atmosphere. So do the players.
200-1.gif

The way Pep said it after the game was clumsy, I have heard a lot of blues opinions on this and they all felt it was a dig. Kevin merely aired his annoyance. Guardiola explained himself today but too late damage done. They say all publicity is good publicity, but for all the good things the club do the PR is fucking amateurish, if we are going to keep everything in house bar the managers required interviews he will fuck up.
The club needs a rethink on how it works with the media, they way it communicates with it and the messaging it puts out. This year has been dreadful, starting with powderpuff piece by the chairman after the CL final nothing is coherent.
All publicity is good publicity in Rag land.

For City it's completely the opposite.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.