Media Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone read this quite frankly bizarre article from Jamie Jackson today? I'm not sure if it's meant as satire, or if he's actually just jumped the shark.

He criticises Guardiola for both dropping and then playing Stones, Laporte, Sterling and Bernado.

Criticises Pep for not dropping Laporte for Stones this season, despite Stones not being fit and Laporte not conceding a goal all season.

Claims that Cancelo played his best football from left back last season (he absolutely did not) and criticised Pep for playing Zinchenko in the CL final (despite our far superior record of playing Zinc at left back)

He also called Bernado's inclusion in the CL Final as "bizarre", despite the fact he started pretty much every game of our 14 game winning run up to the final.

You really have to read the full article to believe how misinformed it is. Completely bizarre, to the extent that it almost feels like some kind of post-modern fake news parody.
Bizarre is exactly the right word. It reads like he is talking about a manager who got his team relegated rather than one that won the league, league cup, got to the fa cup semi final, and champions league final.

Not sure if this has been posted, but this just came up on my radar. Obviously the focus is the A-League and Melbourne City, but it will be interesting to see where this goes and how they position CFG and the owners. There's already a mention of 'war crimes' in the promo, so I'd suggest it probably isn't good...

From the country that treats aboriginal people like shit

There he is, McGeehan the freak peddling his ‘sportswashing’ myth and his personally lucrative City bashing again
I wonder if they will provide any evidence of so-called "sportswashing." It is a fake news slogan created by human rights lobbyists who have their own very vested interests to peddle. The selective attacks on CFG are always underpinned by a racist narrative. Australia itself has a pretty shocking record on human rights and last time I looked it was higher on the Amnesty list than the UAE! Will the media over there be attacking football club owners from a Western (white ethnic) background? Or is the bile reserved for "Arabs and their oil money." I think you know the answer.

Paddy Power are at it now
“Man City to install holograms of standing fans to make Etihad look full”
Pretty funny but mentions Pep urging fans to attend!
Pep really threw us fans under the bus with that interview, were never going to hear the end of it

I'm not sure shitting on the entire nation of Australia is an appropriate response to one Australian media outlet pushing forward a clichéd viewpoint that we don't agree with.

Don't worry, loads of City fans, including myself, are leaving negative comments about the Daily United and their reporters. (amongst the usual and predictable dross from mainly plastic Liverpool fans, some United fans, and general City haters)

3-C5-BCCA0-D254-4678-8-D9-F-33-A2-EC9-E5228.png
Fuck off the media fucking shit stain of a fucking media. Did I miss any fuck you cunts out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.