Media Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree mate, that was part of my point about the shallowness and wrongness of Shearer’s “analysis”. I heard danny fucking mills saying the same as Shearer this morning, which proves he was wrong

It’s just easy ‘punditry’. We wanted Kane, we didn’t get him, therefore we need a striker. We’ve played Liverpool, Spurs, Leicester & Chelsea away, Arsenal,Norwich & Saints at hone so far this season. That’s 4 hard away games out of the way. We’re 2 points off top, had zero preseason and Foden, De Bruyne have only just returned, Stones still not kicked a ball.

I personally think unless it was Haaland we’d look worse with a 9 and we’d have to leave out De Bruyne & Grealish of our best xi.

If we repeat our trademark 5-0 home win over Burnley, without having the stats, would that put us on about 20 goals for and 3 against after 8 despite playing 5 of the big 7 already?

Take a pinch of white man
Wrap him up in black skin
Add a touch of blue blood
And a little bitty bit of red Indian boy
Hadn't heard that song in a while.
Went to Spotify , typed in melting pot, expecting Blue Mink to burst into song. Boyzone came on instead singing it.
I'm not the better of it yet.

I watched on NSBCM or whatever it's called and him & Arlo? were very good & balanced until that second goal after all they'd said during the game it was very strange...Raz was certainly less of an issue than that youth player at the rags lingz or whatever he calls himself midweek but apart from on here I've seen nothing mentioned about it.....strange that.

What did they say about Milner getting away with a 2nd yellow because that was conviniently missing from their highlight package?

I watched the HL on the NBC Sports YT channel (using a VPN) because they are 4 times longer than the limited 3 minute package Sky & BT put on their YT channels

It’s just easy ‘punditry’. We wanted Kane, we didn’t get him, therefore we need a striker. We’ve played Liverpool, Spurs, Leicester & Chelsea away, Arsenal,Norwich & Saints at hone so far this season. That’s 4 hard away games out of the way. We’re 2 points off top, had zero preseason and Foden, De Bruyne have only just returned, Stones still not kicked a ball.

I personally think unless it was Haaland we’d look worse with a 9 and we’d have to leave out De Bruyne & Grealish of our best xi.

If we repeat our trademark 5-0 home win over Burnley, without having the stats, would that put us on about 20 goals for and 3 against after 8 despite playing 5 of the big 7 already?
I reckon we're in a good place too. At the start of the season we were without both KDB and Foden and City looked like we might struggle for goals but if they stay fit we wont have a problem.

A lot to agree with here. I'd say Kane or Haaland, but I do agree entirely that an "ordinary striker" (Shearer's phrase?) would NOT get 20 goals a season but would most likely cause endless frustration on the pitch and real unrest in the stands by forever being caught offside. This City side times through balls to perfection and that demands real anticipation from an CF. I also believe that a CF of Haaland's or Kane's quality would bring Raheem back to his best.

A guy I’ve known for years (dipper) said, when I told him that they were lucky Milner had stayed on the pitch, that when we won the title in Vinnie’s last season, Vincent shouldn’t have been on the pitch to score the wonder goal because he’s got away with a red card offence earlier that game or in a previous game so shouldn’t have been playing…

sort of like a scouser in court asking for previous crimes to be taken into consideration…

That excuse was clearly stored on his “I’m offended” memory bank and not the “I’m embarrassed” one
Fuck me the amount of help they got in that run in we should've been able to draw at Leicester and still win it.

Just off the top of my head:
Milner 3 yards offside for the equaliser vs West Ham. +1 point
Mane dive for a pen to win it vs spurs. +2 points
Mane dive vs fulham for the winning pen. +2 points
Fabinho dive right infront of the linesman for a freekick the winner was scored from vs Newcastle. +2 points

And to think we naively thought the introduction of VAR the following season would sort it out.

Todays Mirror
Man Citeh edged the scrappy first half but Cy Klopppppps halftime team talk changed all that as Liverpool bossed the 2nd half Kompletely and but for an offside/handball lucky goal and a last-ditch goal-line block from 61 Trillion pound flop Rodri, the champions-elect reds would av won.
MOTM- James Milner, Pocketed the Overrated Foden till he was forced off after Bernardo Silvas vicious assault on him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.