Media Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love being British to be quite honest.

Hate the media though. They're the one causing social divide and public unrest, they're the ones that should lead the change, calling people to action, calling out corruption. Instead they simultaneously argue both sides to make everyone angry and engage with their stories whilst licking the boots of anyone who waves enough cash around. Fucking scum

Last edited:
There isn't a country in the world with clean hands. Though arguably, some are cleaner than others, it's all relative.

I neither slag off nor extol the British Empire as it had nowt to do with me. But it wasn't about us going out in the world to make lives better for the 'natives'.

More to the point, the global economy is completely interlocked and unless you want to live in isolation and dine off cabbage leaves every day, you pretty much have to deal with some very unpleasant punters. A good and topical example is the supply of gas, much of which we buy from Russia. The people running Russia are as bad as anyone, but we deal with them on a daily basis. Similarly, many of our consumer items come from China, which has a very short way indeed with anyone who dares to dissent. We don't boycott them though as it simply is not practical.

The truth is, very few countries are run by the Salvation Army or the Mothers' Union. In fact, to get in charge of about 95% of the countries in this world you have to be a complete twat. Our own politicians are scarcely noted for their outstanding morality or probity, and I doubt one who took a high moral tone would get elected. (The Daily Mail would certainly be against them from Day 1.)

The Daily Mail say the group of clubs objecting were led by Daniel Levy and include LFC, MUFC, and Arsenal. The story does appear to be properly sourced. It confirms what we all know...that Levy is totally toxic. I also believe the earlier reports that he privately told some journalists "he wouldn't sell Kane to City for any price." I think he is capable of shafting his own club to further his own cause. Let's see where Kane goes in the summer.
Levy is poison. Think we did well to issue out on kane. Be interesting in Jan to see how pissed of kane is with him. Ticks lots of boxes. Levy shows himself a master of transfers,marquee signing for Newcastle and probably goals enough to keep them up,,

Doesn't fit with the 'nation of racist plunderers' narrative.
Ha the industrial revolution where Great Britain conquered the world and brought innovation to the world whilst working class in the north of England Wales Scotland lived in abject poverty to line the pockets of unscrupulous empire makers. Only joking

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.