Media Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
It matters because it is probably another well know sports journalist. One who's had plenty to say about city over the past few years. It's one thing for a regular person to criticise a person or an article but wholely another for a journalist to use a burner account to harrass, bully and slander someone. I thought there were standards and ethics in place ? Well in theory there are

Oh and to see who it may be just look at who follows the account.
i dont do twitter, luckily.

It matters because it is probably another well know sports journalist. One who's had plenty to say about city over the past few years. It's one thing for a regular person to criticise a person or an article but wholely another for a journalist to use a burner account to harrass, bully and slander someone. I thought there were standards and ethics in place ? Well in theory there are

Oh and to see who it may be just look at who follows the account.
The entire whatsapp group apart from the dog wanker follow this account? Does this mean that it is the dog wanker's burner? Otherwise I'd go for Delooney or Jabba the Hut as an each way bet.

Some cracking derby names.

We need to get this one going and spread across social media.

The Rags and Dippers will f*ing hate it.

The Dublin Derby tops it so far.

A couple more.

The Air Lingus v Ryan Air derby. The Cockney v Paddy derby.

The daily mail tweeted the article and the Rabin parody burner account has attacked it lol. I have my suspicions as to who created the account but he's too much of a shit the bed to use his own account to attack martin.
We know who runs that account. He's a no-mark Liverpool fan but we also know he works with some of the WhatsApp group, particularly Nick Harris. And all the WhatsApp wankers follow it. What a coincidence.

I don't actually think it's a great argument. There is a clear difference between an individual owning a club and a state. Whether you think that matters or not, it's a difference that exists. An American billionaire cannot be held responsible for the actions of their president or government, MBS is responsible. Trump owning Liverpool during his presidency would be comparable.

A better argument would be why is direct funding, ie ownership considered different to sponsorship. Why is it OK for Arsenal to pocket £500m from the UAE over the past 15 years fine, but Newcastle being bought for £300m is not. Why can Liverpool take highly paid warm weather training trips to Qatar without it being an issue, when it's as direct a sportswashing event as you could dream up.

Why is it OK for United to take Saudi money for 15 years and sign memorandums of understanding with the Saudi government, but Newcastle cannot be owned by them.

If you examine these pre-existing relationships already in the Premier League the rank hypocrisy is impossible to ignore, and it also begs the question, "Where are the protests?". Where are the articles decrying Emirates and Arsenal's relationship, where are the calls for fans to reject the deal and protest?

Excellent article again by Martin Samuel, thanks for posting it PB.

The funniest comment in Samuel's article below this one about Gary Neville and his 'influencing' of Declan Rice to Man Utd is this:

"There are six clubs that fancy themselves as elite in the Premier League but only three that are any good. Manchester United are glorified Europa League with a big budget, which is where they have ended up the last two seasons; Tottenham and Arsenal aren't even that right now."

Ha ha ha.... a magnificent demolition job in just one paragraph. Absolutely spot and glad he's called these tw*ts out! Other so-called journos take note.

Small victories,

How a post gets through referring to City as dirty Arab oil money or words to that effect is beyond me!

Dear BBC Visitor,

Further to your complaint about some of the content on a BBC web site (reference number P42431093), we have decided that it does indeed contravene the House Rules and have removed the offending material.

Thank you for pointing this out to us.

Regards,
Central Communities Team
Gets up off the floor....fuck me a proper response from the Beeb.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.