Media Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Derby games are only between teams from the same city/town.
That would suggest that in France, Germany, USA, etc., there are no derbies? Even New York Red Bull and New York City come from different States let alone different Cities. City and United are not even in the same City!

A local derby is what people think is one.

For example, Crystal Palace v Brighton springs to mind. I am sure that Blackpool and Preston supporters see their match this weekend as a local derby. Derby County v Nottingham Forest strikes me as more of a derby that Notts County v Forest.

In Italy they have a host of different Derbies. The Derby of Italy is Inter v Juventus. There is the Two Sicilies Derby between Napoli and Palermo.

Last edited:
Showed hundreds leaving the stadium outside at half time but said at the end that most stayed!!!

You can't deny its a silky smooth operation. Someone must be sat there setting the agenda for the presenters. They even joked just after halftime that Neviile wanted to leave with them. They have no shame.

The likes of Carragher will get carried away but the simple truth is the Rags are a bunch of self serving indiividuals ,the Dippers and Chelski have to come to our place so we hold a massive advantage , we have had a tough start to the season with some difficult away games and come away virtually unscathed.
So let the Dippers rub salt in the Rags wounds , its tjust hree points and a boost to their goal difference , it doesnt change anything in the title race it was always between us , Chelski and the Dippers and we have given them both a lesson already this season.
Our start to the season was no fixture mistake, it was a stich up

That would suggest that in France, Germany, USA, etc., there are no derbies? Even New York Red Bull and New York City come from different States let alone different Cities. City and United are not even in the same City!

A local derby is what people think is one.

For example, Crystal Palace v Brighton springs to mind. I am sure that Blackpool and Preston supporters see their match thsi eekend as a local derby. Derby County v Nottingham Forest strikes me as more of a derby that Notts County v Forest.

In Italy they have a host of different Derbies. The Derby of Italy is Inter v Juventus. There is the Two Sicilies Derby between Napoli and Palermo.

Of course you are correct .
L

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.