Media Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
They were first to adopt the Bay City Rollers fashion scene. I know a few rags who thought they looked pretty cool dressed like them and with a scarf tied to each wrist. It still makes me grin when I think about them.
I had a friend who was a Jam Tarts supporter, never seen without Rollers style scarves.

When I was involved in copyrighting a few years ago, you had to state in every case the specific uses you were aiming to protect. E.g. "Puma: All clothing, liesurewear, shoes. Sporting awards......". Puma would not be protected for use as a brand of sausages.

I can't be arsed to research it but i'm still not 100% convinced that that isn't just an offshoot of Puma or something. Or maybe just the designer himself. Selling the odd t-shirt with Madchester on it is totally tinpot, back bedroom stuff, and the website has only just gone live.
It’s a clothing brand owned by the Donnellys who used to own Gio Goi

keep an eye on this:

Amnesty International to hold talks with the Premier League about the fit and proper owners test.

An Amnesty spokesperson said “The current rules concerning who owns and runs English football clubs are woefully inadequate, with no bar on ownership for those complicit in acts of torture, slavery, human trafficking or even war crimes."

Obviously they have a world view that accords with the Guardian, the British Foreign Office where Britain is regarded as a civilising power and the home of democracy and liberty. Many people speak in the name of liberty. It means nothing.

Good job City are owned by Sheikh Mansour and not the UAE or I could envisage problems with this going forwards.

keep an eye on this:

Amnesty International to hold talks with the Premier League about the fit and proper owners test.

An Amnesty spokesperson said “The current rules concerning who owns and runs English football clubs are woefully inadequate, with no bar on ownership for those complicit in acts of torture, slavery, human trafficking or even war crimes."

Obviously they have a world view that accords with the Guardian, the British Foreign Office where Britain is regarded as a civilising power and the home of democracy and liberty. Many people speak in the name of liberty. It means nothing.

Good job City are owned by Sheikh Mansour and not the UAE or I could envisage problems with this going forwards.
That would be the same Amnesty International that has been accused by its own staff of bullying sexism, reducing staff to tears etc etc. Right.
And they are going to speak to the Premier League who have 20 teams, all with 25 man squads but not one single player dare come out as gay. Right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.