Media Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
No offence but I think those of you looking to have a go at MOTD are just looking at something to complain about. The highlights clearly showcased City's dominance. The commentator acknowledged City's dominance. They showed the penalty appeal and the commentator made it pretty clear he thought it looked like a foul. The pundits said how crap United were and spent longer than Sky did talking about City.
At what point in the post match analysis did they cover:-

1. Ronaldos assault on KDB and potential red card?

2. A clear penalty, or at the very least clear up why it wasn’t a penalty?

The issue isn’t what the commentator said, it’s the production. Had those 2 incidents gone the other way they would 100% have been highlighted in the post match analysis

At what point in the post match analysis did they cover:-

1. Ronaldos assault on KDB and potential red card?

2. A clear penalty, or at the very least clear up why it wasn’t a penalty?

The issue isn’t what the commentator said, it’s the production. Had those 2 incidents gone the other way they would 100% have been highlighted in the post match analysis
I personally think you're expecting too much there from a highlights show that has limited time and multiple games to cover. They got the important bits: City good, United bad.

I’ve just seen Jamie Jackson’s player ratings in the Guardian…..he has City with two star men scoring 8 out of 10, Kyle Walker, which is fair and Ederson??! Now Ederson didn’t put a foot wrong, but in a game where he’s barely seen the ball how is he getting the top mark ahead of a plethora of outfield players that helped dominate the game for City.

I can only think they have an exceptionally weird way of marking players otherwise I can’t figure out how anyone paid to write about football can see that??!

I’ve just seen Jamie Jackson’s player ratings in the Guardian…..he has City with two star men scoring 8 out of 10, Kyle Walker, which is fair and Ederson??! Now Ederson didn’t put a foot wrong, but in a game where he’s barely seen the ball how is he getting the top mark ahead of a plethora of outfield players that helped dominate the game for City.

I can only think they have an exceptionally weird way of marking players otherwise I can’t figure out how anyone paid to write about football can see that??!
He’s a simpleton.

Watched MotD and did seem strange editing but afterwards they certainly praised our domination and highlighted the difference in the pressing.

on a slightly different note

Seems Phil McNulty has grown a pair
I spoke to Liverpool fan and they said a similar thing that they showed all of United's chances so it looked like they were better than they were. I think Motd have to show the United chances and in a short highlights section it might look like they were better than they were but the stats show what chances they had. I'd be happy with Mark Chapman adding a disclaimer along the lines of - The clips we are about to show you include a number of chances by Man Utd but for the avoidance of doubt these were the only chances and the editing does not reflect the true balance of the match.

I can only second that my first reaction was it was an overhit cross and Bernado had hit it into the side netting! Thankfully though I was totally wrong and I think Bernado was the 1st in the stadium to know it was a goal.
If you look at Bernardo he looks behind him at first expecting the ball to be in the box, it's only when he glances into the net he realises it's in.
Bizarre but beautiful goal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.