Media Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Mail discussing the PL's temporary ban on Newcastle getting sponsorship from Saudi companies.

"The Premier League have set up a working party to bring in new rules to ensure that any related-party sponsorships, such as Manchester City's naming-rights and shirt deals with Etihad Airways, must be set at a fair market value"

Apart from the obvious, covered on here many, many times, it's worded to be a bit ambiguous but it's all part of the drip, drip.

Nothing ambiguous about it. The Etihad deal is simply not a related party contract, as the accounts have shown for the last 10 years. It’s just untrue.

Whether this is a deliberate falsehood, or whether the journalist in question just doesn’t understand what a related party transaction is, or is not, is a different question.

Nothing ambiguous about it. The Etihad deal is simply not a related party contract, as the accounts have shown for the last 10 years. It’s just untrue.

Whether this is a deliberate falsehood, or whether the journalist in question just doesn’t understand what a related party transaction is, or is not, is a different question.

100% right as has been covered many times in these pages. I think it is ambiguous in the sense that, whilst we know exactly what they are really saying, they could argue (tenuously) that the "must be set at fair market value" relates back to "such as Manchester City's.... deal with Etihad". Since it isn't a related party transaction anyway it's bollocks but, being a charitable sort, I thought I'd give them some benefit of the doubt.

Where City use CFG or others to pay coaches, for example, I believe we reimburse those costs and so it makes no diff to our ffp position. Am I wrong?

If they are bringing it in, it will disrupt our business plan somehow but doubtless we will outwit them.

As far as the article is concerned, It was the Mancini part I was particularly disgusted by.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.