Media Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
If it's a straight report of the inquest and nothing more then the journalist doesn't need to ask for a quote from anybody as there's absolute privilege. Whatever is said in that coroner's court can be reported - even if it's libelous or false.

But I can absolutely guarantee Herbert took great pleasure in being able to run a negative City story without having any need to contact the club or risk of blowback.

If there is any kind of follow up story (which wouldn't be covered by AP) then I'm sure city will be all over it if he steps out of line.
True. Worth pointing out too that it is ard to imagine Herbert was actually covering Coroner's Court.
More likely, a local paper's report was picked up on and rather than let it run verbatim, Herbert went out of his way to get in on it and add his own twist.

Last seen at the taxpayers expense reporting from Tenerife on the volcano.

Not one for wishing geological disaster on anyone but in Johnson's case if he was disintegrated by a pyroclastic flow ....

And tweeting a picture of the eruption, which he described as a 'spectacular backdrop', whilst people's homes burned down.
View attachment 29750
Thank fuck it's not Mount Teide we're talking about, but Cumbre Vieja on La Palma.
Had me worried for a minute! Agree with your pyroclastic flow comment, though.

For balance - and both the author and the conduit have taken some often well deserved stick on here - but Glenn Hoddle has written an interesting piece on the BBC today comparing the rise of the likes of Phil, Kev and Jack to how playmakers like himself were often treated with suspicion back in the day. He is shilling his new book but an interesting read nonetheless, especially when talking about Grealish

Rise of the playmaker - Glenn Hoddle on why the future is Phil Foden for England
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/59247450

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.