Media Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Switched it round too ssn for a moment had that early kick off thing on were they invite 2 guests to talk about the latest football stories,one a rag supporter and you’d never guess the other a red scouser supporter,straight onto the rags win last night,I could have sworn Chelsea were also playing last night,no wonder people are switching off and cancelling in there droves..

Agree locally that City are getting many more younger fans.
As an ever-growing city, Manchester is attracting more people from all over the world. Whereas perhaps in the past, newcomers would probably support MUFC perhaps due to cultural/religious influences (when I moved here in 1979, most Irish Catholic families were red followers), that has definitely changed.
Newcomers from say Africa, definitely have no historical links to supporting any Manchester club so you see more local youngsters wearing for example Arsenal/Chelsea shirts.
Outside Manchester, you now see far more City shirts/merch. This is definitely visible in South Wales where my family still live.
Having just moved to the North East, I have been pleasantly surprised that City also have followers up here.
Unfortunately, the UK media concentrate on the Red-top clubs and we wrongly assume that the next generation will fall for this obsessive coverage.
Kids are really smart and will make their own minds up. Phil Foden and Cole Palmer will help City continue to get more out-of-town support. Scott McTominay & Fred will also help to turn the tide...
I watched a Danish crime drama on Netflix called Warriors. It was set in Denmark, all the characters were Danish and there were no connections to or mentions of England whatsoever yet a kid with quite a significant part in it was on a couple of occasions seen wearing a City shirt.

We’re a big name around the world now.

Disappointed to see the usually excellent Martin Samuel joining the rag wankathon in this morning's Mail. Spent the last two days blowing smoke up lady boys arse.

When do we reach the cut off point when it makes commercial sense for the media to promote Manchester city? Will we ever get there? It seems like the media obsession with Man Utd is growing even though their club is declining. Our fanbase must have significantly eaten into theirs in Gtr Manchester over the last decade and surely that must be mirrored globally given that international fans should be more fickle than fans in Manchester and Salford with family connections and where the club is literally in the blood?

I was just thinking to myself about the media obsession with Man Utd's manager. I get the strong feeling that the media coverage is even more biased than ever despite Utd's fanbase declining. I put it down to increasing commercial pressure in the media. Surely at some point they are going to have to start writing for the City fanbase. We must be the 3rd best supported club in England now after Liverpool and utd.
Poison chalice imo. We become as big as Utd or lfc in terms of fanbase/clickbait then we attract the same shite - Self entitlement, Youtube leaches like AFTV/United Stand, the politics around the club, media spotlight (lfc) which isnt always good (utd), players becoming bigger than the club, the actual football being forgotten.

All that I could do without but I do think its coming, just not yet whilst there is a glimmer of hope that utd will become good again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.