Media Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure what this has to do with BIC taking over, it’s far easier just to call him a useless **** of a manager
Give the usesss **** time to show what a useless **** of a manager he will.be.

Exept that Sheikh Mansour is one of the world's leading investors in renewables (as is Abu Dhabi itself) and the whole point of the CFG project is to move his business operation away from oil wealth. The "oil money" jibe has never really been true and nowadays it is even more absurd.
Mate I was joking.. I couldn’t care any less how our beloved Sheikh makes his money, he’s done far more for the club and surrounding infrastructure than any of the other hypocritical cunts at the dippers, rags et al ..

I think we were regularly the third best supported club throughout the 1970s after the 2 red **** clubs. It is clear to me that the media will always pander to the huge support base of those 2 clubs, which means we will always be portrayed extremely negatively by the media, which in turn has significantly stunted the growth of our fan base. The only real change I see is at primary school and secondary school ages where our local Manchester area support is clearly growing, but not yet back to where it was when I was a kid when you used to see loads more City than rag shirts. The Ferguson era clearly changed that balance, and although it’s going our way locally I don’t see too much evidence of a national or international change
Agree locally that City are getting many more younger fans.
As an ever-growing city, Manchester is attracting more people from all over the world. Whereas perhaps in the past, newcomers would probably support MUFC perhaps due to cultural/religious influences (when I moved here in 1979, most Irish Catholic families were red followers), that has definitely changed.
Newcomers from say Africa, definitely have no historical links to supporting any Manchester club so you see more local youngsters wearing for example Arsenal/Chelsea shirts.
Outside Manchester, you now see far more City shirts/merch. This is definitely visible in South Wales where my family still live.
Having just moved to the North East, I have been pleasantly surprised that City also have followers up here.
Unfortunately, the UK media concentrate on the Red-top clubs and we wrongly assume that the next generation will fall for this obsessive coverage.
Kids are really smart and will make their own minds up. Phil Foden and Cole Palmer will help City continue to get more out-of-town support. Scott McTominay & Fred will also help to turn the tide...

See Amazon are sucking red cocks, promoting next week’s games, “including Everton v Dippers and Rags v Arsenal”

Agree locally that City are getting many more younger fans.
As an ever-growing city, Manchester is attracting more people from all over the world. Whereas perhaps in the past, newcomers would probably support MUFC perhaps due to cultural/religious influences (when I moved here in 1979, most Irish Catholic families were red followers), that has definitely changed.
Newcomers from say Africa, definitely have no historical links to supporting any Manchester club so you see more local youngsters wearing for example Arsenal/Chelsea shirts.
Outside Manchester, you now see far more City shirts/merch. This is definitely visible in South Wales where my family still live.
Having just moved to the North East, I have been pleasantly surprised that City also have followers up here.
Unfortunately, the UK media concentrate on the Red-top clubs and we wrongly assume that the next generation will fall for this obsessive coverage.
Kids are really smart and will make their own minds up. Phil Foden and Cole Palmer will help City continue to get more out-of-town support. Scott McTominay & Fred will also help to turn the tide...
And kids don't go to traditional media for their football fix, whether printed or online

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.