Media Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Missed it, what was said?
That he disagreed with everything Carrick said in his post-match interview. About the penalty, and the attitude of the players in particular. Pointing out that Carrick was there when they were putting in wanky, effete performances, and now he says he’s proud of their attitude! Really laid into him.

Then he lost the plot with Carragher in a bizarre manner.

He’s a strange character. Understand why a lot of blues hate him, but I can’t bring myself to quite feel the same way.

Controversial viewpoint, and putting rivalries to one side, he had his reasons for the Haaland assault. Not trying to justify it, especially as it was against a blue on Derby day, but in the same circumstances I think many folk on here would have done the same. Being accused of feigning an injury, when you’re lying on the ground in agony with a fucked cruciate, and never having received an apology, when you’ve got the personality of Keane, is bound to fester and I guess it was too much of an opportunity for him to overlook.

Don’t expect I’ll be getting many likes for that comment!

What Falleini did in a Derby (twice) was far worse imo. On the other hand, what Buchan did to Colin less reprehensible as there was less intent (imo) tragic as the outcome was (as it was for Haaland).

It’s all about opinions.

If I’m being honest I think there’s a chance I’d have done the same as Keane in the same circumstances (not against a City player obvs!) but I’d never have done what Falleini did in a million years. If the boot had been on the other foot, and it was a City player dishing retribution then I reckon he’d have been praised to the rafters, whereas I’m pretty sure that wouldn’t be the case if a City player emulated what Falleini did in a Derby. That’s the distinction, I guess.

He still wanks off dogs though.

Last edited:
That he disagreed with everything Carrick said in his post-match interview. About the penalty, and the attitude of the players in particular. Pointing out that Carrick was there when they were putting in wanky, effete performances, and now he says he’s proud of their attitude! Really laid into him.

He’s a strange character. Understand why a lot of blues hate him, but I can’t bring myself to quite feel the same way.

Controversial viewpoint, and putting rivalries to one side, he had his reasons for the Haaland assault. Not trying to justify it, especially as it was against a blue on Derby day, but in the same circumstances I think many folk on here would have done the same. Being accused of feigning an injury, when you’re lying on the ground in agony with a fucked cruciate, and never having received an apology, when you’ve got the personality of Keane, is bound to fester and I guess it was too much of an opportunity for him to overlook.

What Falleini did in a Derby (twice) was far worse imo. On the other hand, what Buchan did to Colin less reprehensible as there was less intent (imo) tragic as the outcome was (as it was for Haaland).

It’s all about opinions.

If I’m being honest I think there’s a chance I’d have done the same as Keane in the same circumstances (not against a City player obvs!) but I’d never have done what Falleini did in a million years.

Who's Falleini?

It’s all about opinions.

If I’m being honest I think there’s a chance I’d have done the same as Keane in the same circumstances (not against a City player obvs!) but I’d never have done what Falleini did in a million years.

I was at the game when Keane did Alfe. He should have been arrested for assault because if he'd done that in the pub on a Friday night he probably would have been.

I was at the game when Keane did Alfe. He should have been arrested for assault because if he'd done that in the pub on a Friday night he probably would have been.
I think there’s no doubt it was assault, and his autobiography confirms that, but doesn’t make him unique in a Derby. Far from it. Ben Thatcher springs to mind. Plenty of blues have praised that stamp on Ronaldo. Both amount to the same imo.

As I said, not trying to defend it, just providing some context. Life is rarely black and white.

It’s all about opinions.

If I’m being honest I think there’s a chance I’d have done the same as Keane in the same circumstances (not against a City player obvs!) but I’d never have done what Falleini did in a million years. If the boot had been on the other foot, and it was a City player dishing retribution then I reckon he’d have been praised to the rafters, whereas I’m pretty sure that wouldn’t be the case if a City player emulated what Falleini did in a Derby. That’s the distinction, I guess.

I’ve since seen the argument with carragher but not his comments about Carrick so thanks for that.
And ignoring the intent behind his assault on Haaland or reasons behind it the sole thing that sticks out about it was the shithousery of the City players that day with not one flying in on the ****.

Anyway, I quite like Keane since his playing days were up, gives it out no matter what and isn’t afraid to upset his former employers unlike Neville or Carragher and countless others.

I’ve since seen the argument with carragher but not his comments about Carrick so thanks for that.
And ignoring the intent behind his assault on Haaland or reasons behind it the sole thing that sticks out about it was the shithousery of the City players that day with not one flying in on the ****.

Anyway, I quite like Keane since his playing days were up, gives it out no matter what and isn’t afraid to upset his former employers unlike Neville or Carragher and countless others.
It was a strange game all round iirc. We were so far behind them on the pitch at that time, and relegation bound, and yet somehow managed a draw at a place we hadn’t won at in 27 years.

Agree about the other City players. Especially in a Joe Royle team. Bizarre.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.