Media Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Think I need new glasses, am I reading this right from BBC Gossip column ...

"Real Madrid's Croat midfielder Luka Modric, 36, is open to the idea of linking up with Manchester City when he becomes a free agent next summer."
He’s a rag shoe in at that age.

So after watching MOTD2 last night on the beeb, it continued on to the MOTD Top 10 - Unsung Heroes with Shearer, Lineker and Micah.

Lineker admitted the players in the top 10 list weren't chosen by them but selected by others for them to discuss and rate.

Happy to see a couple of ex-city players on the list in Milner and Barry.
What did surprise me though, was that none of the clips used shown to high-light either player, featured them playing in a city shirt. All the clips for Barry were Everton or Aston Villa clips, and i think all Milner's clips were Liverpool ones.

Is there a now deliberate policy at the BBC to omit or downplay any positive involvement or connection to MCFC ?

Starting to think there is after seeing this article the other week as well
Fifa Best 2021 awards: Cristiano Ronaldo, Mohamed Salah and Ellen White among nominees
Main picture shows all three of them but take a guess which one is shown in their England kit rather than their Club colours.
Oh and its only a bit further down in the article Lucy Bronze, De Bruyne and Pep get their mentions

Last edited:
So after watching MOTD2 last night on the beeb, it continued on to the MOTD Top 10 - Unsung Heroes with Shearer, Lineker and Micah.

Lineker admitted the players in the top 10 list weren't chosen by them but selected by others for them to discuss and rate.

What did surprise me though, was that none of the clips used shown to high-light either player, didn't feature them playing in a city shirt. All the clips for Barry were Everton or Aston Villa clips, and i think all Milner's clips were Liverpool ones.

Is there a now deliberate policy at the BBC to omit or downplay any positive involvement or connection to MCFC ?

Fifa Best 2021 awards: Cristiano Ronaldo, Mohamed Salah and Ellen White among nominees
Main picture shows all three of them but take a guess which one is shown in their England kit rather than their Club colours.
Oh and its only a bit further down in the article Lucy Bronze, De Bruyne and Pep get their mentions
I don’t think it’s just you, mate, I’ve noticed that we seem to be ignored by many. Was wondering if our PR had, had a word so they’ve chosen to completely blank us, where possible.

Being a commentator for the media is a piece of piss providing that you have no personal pride or any sense of integrity.

The utter shite and arselicking which these various people come out with is pathetic and utterly sickening.

It is a less obvious form of prostitution with less honesty from the perpetrator.

It's why certain programmes and football matches are best watched without the sound and sycophantic drivel.

Warnock and Smith area plain waste of air time who play stooges to the " narrative " and the blatantly corrupt referees pet lapdogs who excuse the regular fuck-ups by the PiGMOL lackies.
Arsenal Fan TV and ranting. Sky, Keane and Carragher. How much is a cynical exercise in monetising ranting and how much is genuine. I think a character like Keano likes to communicate this way. He is a hot head. But Sky obviously know this. I am not sure if the proponents even believe what they are saying, they just enjoy the process of arguing.

Arsenal Fan TV and ranting. Sky, Keane and Carragher. How much is a cynical exercise in monetising ranting and how much is genuine. I think a character like Keano likes to communicate this way. He is a hot head. But Sky obviously know this. I am not sure if the proponents even believe what they are saying, they just enjoy the process of arguing.

Hang your head in shame Marvin :-)

What did surprise me though, was that none of the clips used shown to high-light either player, featured them playing in a city shirt. All the clips for Barry were Everton or Aston Villa clips, and i think all Milner's clips were Liverpool ones.

i listened to the bbc daily football pic from yday, headlined were Rags, not a shock but the city game got no mention at all.

now it can’t be the bbc but must certain editorials as we’ve had positive stories including a Kyle Walker special.

Keane is 100 per cent correct about the qualilty of staff at all levels at Old Trafford. It is widely known that the club has been running a "jobs for the boys culture" for decades and not just on the playing side. There are weaknesses across the whole organisation. Ferguson ran it like a private fiefdom and the whole club needs a re-build.
Too many of the media are part of the problem. They will never bite the hand the feeds them. There is a dishonest culture in the football press pack. They simply don't report the truth about United. Keane knows full well what state the coaching operation is in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.