Media Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just logged in to mention this. On ESPN Soccer website - "Man City survive Nkunku triple in 9-goal thriller". 6-3 win not 5-4, mind you. Article below this - "Liverpool beat Milan in Champions League classic" when the dippers just barely won 3-2.
Normal service has been restored - big article on .................. Guess Who?

It's fashionable to denigrate City's history. A few weeks ago when discussing the Grealish signing I heard him suggest we were a bigger club "at the moment but not in terms of history." The size of the club has to be qualified with the suggestion we have "no history." They would never need to do the same about Spurs whose history in terms of winning trophies is similar to ours pre-takeover or even Leeds or a Newcastle who had won less. He's so deluded that I reckon if pushed Jordan would claim Palace were as a big a club as City.
Correct.i can remember when Crystal Palace were called " The team of the 80s"..up from the old 2nd division into the top league with players like Kenny Sansome,Vince Hilaire etc...
Jordan probably still bitter that all the London media hype crashed and burned under Terry Venables....
Even in those 1980 days,'little 'old City were bigger....We had the Widest pitch at Maine Road ,Tallest Floodlights ,and held the record for the Biggest attendance for any 1st class football game played out of London.
We know our history Simon.jog on.

Attendance isnt an issue if we're a mid table team. Carry on as you were City and keep on winning trophies, it feeds their hatred.

Front and Centre on SSN this morning, have we had the best result in Europe by an English side this week or has something else happened?

Still reporting Etihad capacity as 55k though when referencing our crowds against Anglia Utd and Arse, probably to suggest there was a lot more unsold tickets than there actually were.

Of course S/T deferrals is not mentioned either!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.