Media Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Completely uncalled for. When you've put over 20 years unpaid work helping City fans in the OSC then you can criticise.

But as I know only too well, there's always someone sat behind a keyboard prepared to have a pop at anyone who does stick their head above the parapet.It's very easy to have a go at people like Kevin, who put themselves out ther, and his words probably weren't the best way to respond. But he's spent the best part of his adult life actively working on behalf of his members.
His comments were not necessary, he shouldn't try and speak on behalf of most City fans, I for one didn't give two fucks about what Pep said. Parker may do a good job but I don't understand why he provoked the issue.

His comments were not necessary, he shouldn't try and speak on behalf of most City fans, I for one didn't give two fucks about what Pep said. Parker may do a good job but I don't understand why he provoked the issue.

Exactly.

Don't give Sky, and the rest of the media, anything.

Should have just said I'm sure Pep's words were misinterpreted.

He represents over 20,000 City fans so I'd expect him to speak on behalf of a lot of those although some of his members won't agree with him. You can't complain that the media have a go at us constantly then also complain when someone who has more right than most to speak on behalf of the fans chooses to defend us.

Whether he went about it in the right way is another matter and open for debate. Personally I'd have taken the opportunity to have a go at the club, rather than Pep, for its ham-fisted introduction of digital tickets, the inability to transfer tickets until the day before the game, its failure to support us with decent transport and its prcing policy.

But I absolutely reject the notion that he doesn't have the right to speak his mind where fans are concerned. If someone had put a microphone in your face yesterday outside the ground and asked for your comments then would you be speaking on behalf of the majority of fans? No - you'd be speaking on behalf of you and those who agreed with what you'd said. If I didn't agree with you, I'd have the right to say so but you (and him) also have the right to speak your personal opinion.

He represents over 20,000 City fans so I'd expect him to speak on behalf of a lot of those although some of his members won't agee with him. You can't complain that the media have a go at us constantly then also complain when someone who has more right than most to speak on behalf of the fans chooses to defend us.

Whether he went about it in the right way is another matter and open for debate. Personally I'd have taken the opportunity to have a go at the club, rather than Pep, for its ham-fisted introduction of digital tickets, the inability to transfer tickets until the day before the game, its failure to support us with decent transport and its prcing policy.

But I absolutely reject the notion that he doesn't have the right to speak his mind where fans are concerned. If someone had put a microphone in your face yesterday outside the ground and asked for your comments then would you be speaking on behalf of the majority of fans? No - you'd be speaking on behalf of you and those who agreed with what you'd said. If I didn't agree with you, I'd have the right to say so but you (and him) also have the right to speak your personal opinion.
If someone from the media asked me I'd give them a full onslaught of how the media continually warp stories about our club and its fans. Obviously it would never be aired but it would be cathartic for me. I don't know Parker or had even heard of him before last seasons CL final (I've been going to the games for over 50 years) but I feel he was very naive making those comments.

He represents over 20,000 City fans so I'd expect him to speak on behalf of a lot of those although some of his members won't agee with him. You can't complain that the media have a go at us constantly then also complain when someone who has more right than most to speak on behalf of the fans chooses to defend us.

That's the thing though PB he didn't need to defend us because Pep said something that was taken way out of context.
So when he spoke up the media were licking their lips to stick the knife in.

That's the thing though PB he didn't need to defend us because Pep said something that was taken way out of context.
So when he spoke up the media were licking their lips to stick the knife in.
He should have just said "Nick Harris, Rob Harris, Simon Stone, Tariq Panja, insert any other names here" are all cunts, that would have been helpful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.