Media Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
On the roundup at 0730 the guy mentioned the dips, showed their goals then mentioned littlepoo's fans would be happy as Everton had gone out!

Also crowbarred in mentions of ratboy' scheme to help the poor at Uni and St Marcus now being on the school syllabus as a lesson in how to manage media. Ashton has earnt his salary hasn't he?

What is annoying is wasting minutes on these non stories instead of rounding up the results. "Full results on the BBC sports website:" in that case what's the point in ing that shitty programme for anything????

On a plus note since Louise plastic face has left there's been widespread criticism of the 2 lightweights on the sofa including a backlash against very silly sally. Shame. ;-)
Louise plastic face !!! How dare you.

I too am disgusted by the bias at the BBC and something has to change. Their news coverage is generally good and some of their drama is outstanding. I have to admit that their light entertainment is among the best in the world.
What I can't accept is their bias against Swindon Town. There have been no documentaries about us in living memory and the only mention we ever get is when they announce how many we have lost by on Saturday afternoon. I'm paying for this shit and it's wrong.

Neither the footballer or the philosopher
If you are familiar with "The Philosophers' Song", you will realise which Socrates I am referring to.
This may help:

Immanuel Kant was a real pissant
Who was very rarely stable.
Heidegger, Heidegger was a boozy beggar
Who could think you under the table.
David Hume could out-consume
Schopenhauer and Hegel,
And Wittgenstein was a beery swine
Who was just as schloshed as Schlegel.
There's nothing Nietzsche couldn't teach ya
'Bout the raising of the wrist.
Socrates, himself, was permanently pissed.

John Stuart Mill, of his own free will,
On half a pint of shandy was particularly ill.
Plato, they say, could stick it away
Half a crate of whiskey every day.
Aristotle, Aristotle was a bugger for the bottle,
Hobbes was fond of his dram,
And Rene Descartes was a drunken fart:
"I drink, therefore I am"
Yes, Socrates, himself, is particularly missed;
A lovely little thinker but a bugger when he's pissed!

Which is why I appended the two comments.

:-)

I too am disgusted by the bias at the BBC and something has to change. Their news coverage is generally good and some of their drama is outstanding. I have to admit that their light entertainment is among the best in the world.
What I can't accept is their bias against Swindon Town. There have been no documentaries about us in living memory and the only mention we ever get is when they announce how many we have lost by on Saturday afternoon. I'm paying for this shit and it's wrong.
Your claim to fame is Mike Summerbee.

Sky sports news reporting on Liverpool's youthfull (2 youths) win last night. Lets see if our starting lineup with 5 get a youthfull mention.

Edit, yes they did so credit where its due.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.