Media Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Every football fan believes their club gets a bad deal from the media, in the case of MCFC it really is true.

I used to think that the siege atmosphere worked in our favour because it cohered City fans together but may be this is not so. We've won the title 3 times in 4 seasons, we have the best coach in the game, the most exciting player in the game in Phil Foden and yet there is a whole lot of negativity. If you've got someone pouring poison in your ear incessantly day in day out some creeps in.

It doesn't bother me that Liverpool's fanbase is activated against us or that rival fanbases are jealous but it does start to bother me when City's fanbase starts to get detached from the club. I am not sure we are. The 38k CL attendance was bogus imo. I have been going to games for a very long time and that one felt very wrong. The home ends looked almost full. Journalists like Barney Ronay must know this. He'll have watched the highlights on TV, and they show the ground to have been full, or very close to it, but they still run the story because it suits their narrative.

What is impossible to gauge is the mood of City fans. Ultimately it's through the crowds, and they seem stable to me. The other thing you have is the internet and message boards like this, but 50% of the comments are Man Utd subterfuge and it gets much worse when they are doing well.

Keep up the boycott of the Guardian, and if you are still commenting, please stop. If you must interact with them, report and trolling, or defamation, but do it conservatively. Imagine if City fans did that on Bluemoon, the whole place would grind to a halt and be impossible to manage.
" Man Utd subterfuge and it gets much worse when they are doing well."

Marvin, my memory is not what it was, but please remind me the last time the rags were "doing well"?

Every football fan believes their club gets a bad deal from the media, in the case of MCFC it really is true.

I used to think that the siege atmosphere worked in our favour because it cohered City fans together but may be this is not so. We've won the title 3 times in 4 seasons, we have the best coach in the game, the most exciting player in the game in Phil Foden and yet there is a whole lot of negativity. If you've got someone pouring poison in your ear incessantly day in day out some creeps in.

It doesn't bother me that Liverpool's fanbase is activated against us or that rival fanbases are jealous but it does start to bother me when City's fanbase starts to get detached from the club. I am not sure we are. The 38k CL attendance was bogus imo. I have been going to games for a very long time and that one felt very wrong. The home ends looked almost full. Journalists like Barney Ronay must know this. He'll have watched the highlights on TV, and they show the ground to have been full, or very close to it, but they still run the story because it suits their narrative.

What is impossible to gauge is the mood of City fans. Ultimately it's through the crowds, and they seem stable to me. The other thing you have is the internet and message boards like this, but 50% of the comments are Man Utd subterfuge and it gets much worse when they are doing well.

Keep up the boycott of the Guardian, and if you are still commenting, please stop. If you must interact with them, report and trolling, or defamation, but do it conservatively. Imagine if City fans did that on Bluemoon, the whole place would grind to a halt and be impossible to manage.
What Marvin said. Don’t engage with these twats. Kevin Parker is a fine bloke, but I think he walked into a trap by talking to the media about Pep’s comments. Adds fuel to the fire. Heaven knows that supporter services wait times in the phone, beer in paper cups, horrid queues on the mezzanines that seem designed to keep fans from actually watching the game and getting behind the team all grind a lot of gears - but do you want to go back to David Pleat running over the pitch in celebration, throwing away a half time lead and losing to Carlisle, Wycombe doing the double over us, or getting excited by signing Lee Bradbury?

Being everyone’s second-favourite club came with a heavy price. But being a Big Club - an ambition of the current owners, but not necessarily one that drives a lot of older fans, me included - comes with a heavy price too. Imagine being sucked up to by the media, instead of ignored or belittled. “Look City fans around the world! We‘ve got a puff-piece here about how great you are! Click away, you mug county-potato, glory-hunting, coach-bricking, past-dwelling, fountain-pushing dimwits.” This is our best life, these last ten years, as City fans, whatever the negatives, only some of which I’ve listed above, and the Pep era is the best yet.

Marvin, my memory is not what it was, but please remind me the last time the rags were "doing well"?
They are buzzing at the moment because of the Ronaldo signing. It might not last but I know they are full of beans at the moment. Doing well was the wrong comment. Happy would be a better term. Them signing Ronaldo, was like City signing Messi. Both are of course doomed but for the moment they are happy and it reflects on us because when they are happy about football they resume their favourite activity which imitating Bert

They are probably the second most successful team in terms of PL points over the last decade. And possibly second or third in terms of trophies over the same period.
And they do really well at minding gaps.

We have always had shit loads of negativity alongside positive vibes, laughs and confidence.

Manchester and it's is known for being a very confident, Self aware and able to take the piss put of itself(though may admonish other for trying) City and it has always bee n able to criticise itself and point out the bad with the good.

God forbid we change and become some smiley happy robotic cunts who only look on the bright side and never question what goes on.

If the media loved us we would still moan, it's in our and our Citys DNA.

We are postively negative and always have been.

Also you say 3 out of 4 titles, but your lack of appreciation and acknowledement of the Carobao cup, which is our greatest achievement and legacy is upsetting

Last edited:
We have always had shit loads of negativity alongside positive vibes, laughs and confidence.

Manchester and it's is known for being a very confident, Self aware and able to take the piss put of itself(though may admonish other for trying) City and it has always bee n able to criticise itself and point out the bad with the good.

God forbid we change and become some smiley happy robotic cunts who only look on the bright side and never question what goes on.

If the media loved us we would still moan, it's in our and our Citys DNA.

We are postively negative and always have been.

Also you say 3 out of 4 titles, but your lack of appreciation and acknowledement of the Carobao cup, which is our greatest achievement and legacy is upsetting
Love the post mate, but for me, our greatest achievement was winning the last 14 games in 2019. Nothing will top that for me. The way that gets downplayed in the media is an even bigger liberty imo. Up there with any team sporting achievement on record, given the circumstances and its duration. It’s nearly half a season, at the business end, with the pressure on every single game.

An incredible sporting achievement. An incredible thing to live through.

Love the post mate, but for me, our greatest achievement was winning the last 14 games in 2019. Nothing will top that for me. The way that gets downplayed in the media is an even bigger liberty imo. Up there with any team sporting achievement on record, given the circumstances and its duration. It’s nearly half a season, at the business end, with the pressure on every single game.

Agree, some of the run ins and how we have looked dead in the water only to steam through to the title have been overlooked by many.

Agree, some of the run ins and how we have looked dead in the water only to steam through to the title have been overlooked by many.
Before the title win in 2012 the prevailing narrative in the press was our mental fragility when the going got tough, but in 2012, 2014 and 2019 we delivered in the league after coming up on the rails (not sure if 2019 would be classified as coming up on the rails, but we came from behind nonetheless!).

It’s united (2012) and Liverpool (2014) who both crumbled. If it had been us, we’d never have heard the fucking last of it.

No other team in the history of the big European leagues has won 18 from the last 19 games: best second half of a league season EVER. And what makes it better is that any of these 18 wins was necessary in order to win the league. Incredible.

They are buzzing at the moment because of the Ronaldo signing. It might not last but I know they are full of beans at the moment. Doing well was the wrong comment. Happy would be a better term. Them signing Ronaldo, was like City signing Messi. Both are of course doomed but for the moment they are happy and it reflects on us because when they are happy about football they resume their favourite activity which imitating Bert
I though they were happy because they have a great manager who is on the verge of taking them to greatness.

If they are happy with Ronaldo, I am happy for them, small things keep simple minds happy, lovely.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.