Media Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ffs, Matterface on Talkshite just said he had an email from a City fan saying they only spent 10 minutes talking about the Chelsea game. He said he had a lot to get into the show, discussing 10 matches and talking about other events like the Ryder Cup. Now this is the most revealing bit, paraphrase:

"By the way, the Chelsea v City match was NOT on the running order, it was my decision to bring it in"

WOW, what a fucking admission that Talkshite absolutely despise us and a reaffirmation they don't give two fucks about what we've achieved.
Says it all that a match between current European and English champions was not on the content list. It also says as much about the media's attitude to Chelsea as it does to us. I don't think Chelsea got enough credit for either of their CL wins. The coverage was underplayed both times. City and Chelsea have shattered the PL cartel.

Levy was never doing a deal with City. Sam Lee got that bit right. Levy only interested in lining his own pockets and to do that he has to keep Joe Lewis and his US backers happy. The Spurs fans have finally woken up to this. Like Arsenal fans for a long time they were taken in by their owners' deflection tactics putting all the blame for their problems on "City and their dirty oil money."

I almost feel some sympathy towards them but that's quickly tempered by the fact they've allowed themselves to be swept away by compliant mainstream media coverage for years. That leads to a cockiness and self-confidence built on nothing other than the tripe they're being spoon-fed to generate clicks and advertising revenue. Spuds fans will be having nightmares about us based on this new reality that we're very real and won't be going away anytime soon.

Says it all that a match between current European and English champions was not on the content list. It also says as much about the media's attitude to Chelsea as it does to us. I don't think Chelsea got enough credit for either of their CL wins. The coverage was underplayed both times. City and Chelsea have shattered the PL cartel.
Spot on. There’s been a “big 2” in the PL for ten years now and neither team wear red shirts. And that’s set to continue for the foreseeable future.

R4 this morning telling all of us that Arse beat City 5 nil. Wife says did raggies play yesterday? Yes I said. Why didn't they mention them? She said. Why do you think says I. Oh, they got beat she says.

Correct.

R4 this morning telling all of us that Arse beat City 5 nil. Wife says did raggies play yesterday? Yes I said. Why didn't they mention them? She said. Why do you think says I. Oh, they got beat she says.

Correct.
The BBC need to look up the definition of “newsworthy”

Absurd how they foist “news” of women’s sport on a virtually totally apathetic audience

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.