Media Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
The BBC will also have to go back and delete some of Dan Roan's and Simon Stone's tweets and articles then. They still have a false story on their website previewing the Footyleaks trial of Rui Pinto (which they have not bothered covering since) which used the phrase: "The data showed how wealthy Gulf Arab individuals and organisations now exert strong influence over some top European clubs...."

The article in September 2020 mentioned City prominently high up but the court documents show that none of the 90 charges against Pinto reference Manchester City.

In fact the Footyleaks case has no reference at all to so-called "Gulf Arabs" and even if it did what relevance would any person's ethnicity have. The reference to Arabs appears to be a fabrication.

I made a formal complaint to the BBC 12 months ago following their complaints process and also contacted Tim Davie the new BBC Director General(who has pledged to clean up bias). They did not respond (Davie did acknowledge my email) and it was later escalated to Ofcom who passed it back to the BBC for a response. And they have still not responded (apparently because their complaints team has been overwhelmed during Covid).

The story is still on their website today: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-54016147

Meanwhile the trial of Pinto has been ignored by the UK media, presumably because there have been no negative references to Manchester City or Arabs!

Brilliant Bobby

Are people really turning on Micah Richards because he said something they disagree with?

He's one of the very few City players employed regularly in the media and backs us too.

Do you want the media to be fair, which means employing ex-players but where sometimes those ex-City players will say something you disagree with?

Or do you just want the media to be a City fanzine?

Are people really turning on Micah Richards because he said something they disagree with?

He's one of the very few City players employed regularly in the media and backs us too.

Do you want the media to be fair, which means employing ex-players but where sometimes those ex-City players will say something you disagree with?

Or do you just want the media to be a City fanzine?

Yup, It's going to be Evolution not Revolution.

But if you take that view to its logical conclusion then we should look at all owners' actions, whether related to the clubs they own, other businesses they run or their private lives.

If JD Sports mistreated, bullied or harrassed its employees while John Wardle was chairman of both them and us, does that reflect on his chairmanship of City? FSG cheated in MLB, does that make them unfit owners of Liverpool (even leaving aside the illegal accessing of our data?). If an American owner was an unequivocal supporter of the war in Iraq, and the huge number of deaths arising from that, should that disqualify them?
I think the issue with this is there's still enough 'distance' involved to allow people to overlook any moral misgivings.

I'm not sure people will ever have the same reaction to an owner who's a supporter of war to an owner who directly directly orders the brutal murder of a journalist.

It's apples and oranges.

The daily mail tweeted the article and the Rabin parody burner account has attacked it lol. I have my suspicions as to who created the account but he's too much of a shit the bed to use his own account to attack martin.
As others have said, look who they follow and who follows them on Twitter.

The first accounts they follow tend to give you a good steer as well.

The BBC will also have to go back and delete some of Dan Roan's and Simon Stone's tweets and articles then. They still have a false story on their website previewing the Footyleaks trial of Rui Pinto (which they have not bothered covering since) which used the phrase: "The data showed how wealthy Gulf Arab individuals and organisations now exert strong influence over some top European clubs...."

The article in September 2020 mentioned City prominently high up but the court documents show that none of the 90 charges against Pinto reference Manchester City.

In fact the Footyleaks case has no reference at all to so-called "Gulf Arabs" and even if it did what relevance would any person's ethnicity have. The reference to Arabs appears to be a fabrication.

I made a formal complaint to the BBC 12 months ago following their complaints process and also contacted Tim Davie the new BBC Director General(who has pledged to clean up bias). They did not respond (Davie did acknowledge my email) and it was later escalated to Ofcom who passed it back to the BBC for a response. And they have still not responded (apparently because their complaints team has been overwhelmed during Covid).

The story is still on their website today: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-54016147

Meanwhile the trial of Pinto has been ignored by the UK media, presumably because there have been no negative references to Manchester City or Arabs!
Same reason Tariq Panja was all over it at the start in the hopes City would be dragged in. Then completely abandoned his reporting of the trial once he realised we weren’t implicated in anything

Couldn’t agree more. BT and Talkshite asking who will beat this Liverpool side, did they not see the game two weeks ago? Played off the park and given a lesson at times. Talk about darlings of the press. Pathetic.
I'm glad we're not the darlings of the press...they're all wankers. Let them wank each other off. We don't need wanking off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.