Media Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've broken the habit of a few seasons this morning and read the full match report in the DT. It muses on the notion that San Marino, ranked two hundred and odd, are just rank, and since they were last beaten by England in the days of Pee-Arse they have got worse! And when the tenth goal went in the DT hack suggested it was 'cruel'. No single sentence, clause nor phrase contained the word 'disrespectful'. I didn't need any convincing that the RDAHMeedya, like the PiGMOL apparatchiks who referee us on a different set of of the laws, have a different vocabulary when reporting our games - it simply confirms it!

It was the Q bar pal, still going and the Curry house was the Akash run by a lovely Asian guy who we knew as “Mr Khan”. His greeting to a group of us who went in almost every Sunday was “pint lager?” Rhetorical question as he poured beers out of cans underneath the beer pump Phoenix Nights style, my first name is Mark, every Christmas we got a card addressed to “Mr and Mrs Mac”, one of our group was single after his partner dumped him, his card one year read “Happy Christmas, Mr”, happy days.
Used to have the odd curry in there and also the odd beer in Q & the other pubs nearby, Forrester's and another I can't remember the name of under the bridge with really crap carpets...Crown? when I worked in the bridge while on office parties.

Last edited:
Used to have the odd curry in there and also the odd beer in Q & the other pubs nearby, Forrester's and another I can't remember the name of under the bridge with really crap carpets...Crown? when I worked in the bridge while on office parties.
Like most small towns Stalyvegas had lost a few boozers but the Station Bar and The Whitehouse are still worth a visit, the latter on a Saturday night where they usually have a decent band on, good point for the Ale Trail as someone said. Further into the town there’s a Spoon’s near to a pub called the Lord Stamford which used to be the Stop and Rest but colloquially know as the Stop and Fight, tells its own story.

It was Hydes.

As for Lees, I had the same view of it years back. But then had only had it in the JW Lees pub at the Arndale, which was rank (pub amd beer)
But have found if it's kept right it can be a superb pint. The Blue Pitts Inn, Castleton, Success To The Plough, Marland and Woodhouse Gardens, Woodhouses, Failsworth are three that have consistently top beer on.
Remember the John Willie Lees at Arndale bus station, strange place. Didnt mind the Sportsman early 90s, cellar bar on Market St. Never really took to Lees Bitter but their MPA is not bad.

except that this will be on daiymail or sun in coming weeks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.