Media Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remember the John Willie Lees at Arndale bus station, strange place. Didnt mind the Sportsman early 90s, cellar bar on Market St. Never really took to Lees Bitter but their MPA is not bad.
Could be a bit ‘lively’ in the Sportsman.
Always loved cellar bars though, something gloriously seedy and speakeasy about them.
My favourite place in town for years was Branagans in the Royal Exchange (not the cheesy nightclub onPeter Street) Blue central

Always loved cellar bars though, something gloriously seedy and speakeasy about them.
My favourite place in town for years was Branagans in the Royal Exchange (not the cheesy nightclub onPeter Street) Blue central
Remember Branagans Happy Hour, about 1990, one draught beer was 50p a pint. Got absolutely twisted on Old Peculier one Friday, never touched it since. Also had a few arcade games iirc, shame it shut.

story about refs worst player to deal with . Rooney, vierra , Keane , carragher ?

is it fuck Craig Bellamy , complete with a picture in a city shirt and an anecdote at the etihad about this long serving city legend.
Was expecting to see Clattenburg’s name on that.
His refereeing display at Bolton when he sent Bellamy off for being hacked down, having been overheard slagging him off to his assistant ls in the tunnel at HT, was the most bent I have ever witnessed

Used to love Branagans, could also get a bit lively, remember 1993 Derby at Maine Road, chaos in Branagans which continued in and around the old shambles Square.

Used to spend my Saturday afternoons in there, when not at the match, along with a few other establishments before moving on to Dry.

Branigans (different spelling from the shite on on Peter St) was great. One of the first 'trendy' pub/bars of it's time. Owner based the design on the bar from Cheers TV show. First to sell Grolsch bottles I think?

An ex of mine worked behind the bar for a time. I would give her a fiver for a couple of pints, and she would give me £4.99 in change. Before the days of computer tills and EPOS systems, lol.

Apparently, issues with access finally closed it, as they decided the arcade where the entrance was needed locking off at night. No compromise was found.

A mate did some work in the Royal Exchange some years ago, which meant accessing that area. He told me it'was all still there, intact. The bar, tables and chairs, just gathering dust ...

Last edited:
Once, but it was only for 15 minutes as he wanted to see who turned on the street lights. When they came on all on their own he turned round and went back muttering the real world was more than he could take.
It's the Tameside equivalent of Royston Vasey. Always keep your engine running or you'll never get out.

except that this will be on daiymail or sun in coming weeks

I've taken a look at his timeline, I can't work this guy out, is he a professional or a fruitloop?

He's obsessed with crypto. He named the recent Arsenal and Southampton deals, along with City's(none of which I'd heard about to be fair) and says "cryptowashing in football is out of control"... How is it any worse than the betting companies, which are far more numerous. He seems to be a fan of Tariq Panja and City are high on his agenda. He's even got it in for Papa John's.

He's clearly been suggesting everything about the 3key deal is a scam, then covering his back with backhanded statements such as:

Many people[who?] seem to be inferring that City are party to some FFP scam. At this stage, there's no evidence of that. The most we can say is that City don't appear to have exercised proper due diligence on a commerical partner.
I really hope it's not the case, that City signed a deal with a commercial partner, without vetting them first.

Besides that, speaking of scammers... This guy is supposedly a freelance journalist and a writer. I suppose twitter is not the place to gauge someone's writing ability and English might not be his first language but wouldn't you expect better word usage than this, from someone with one book published and another on the way? :

It may be a less bad regime than Newcastle's owners and the move to December less immediately appalling than a closed shop Euro Super League, but the World Cup being in Qatar remains the preeminent football scandal of the last decade.

On another note, what is this follower of his on about, suggesting "the state can't support" Etihad anymore?:

The latest news I can find on Etihad, is about Etihad's expanding sustainability partnerships(looking to the future). It almost appears like this guy writes his own replies, on sock accounts. To create the illusion of his twitter feed being a place for the woke and clued up, when it's mostly waffle and speculation. "Many people are saying that".

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.