Media Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wilson seems to have betrayed his North East roots. He now earns a living writing articles which mock and vilify working class football fans. The world looks different when you are one of the so-called London chattering class elite. He has made no attempt at all to understand what has happened commercially at Manchester City. His latest hate-filled article is just a cut and paste job wth a few snide comments thrown in. He should be ashamed of himself.
That's it mate, they have no shame with what they write, just after clicks and likes regardless of the content.

I think back then a lot of Jockeys had a problem, maybe still a lot of them do, it must be hard starving yourself on a daily basis to ride those low weights.

I do remember the furore about Dancing Brave's Derby run, GS held him up, I believe there were doubts about him staying possibly? So dropped him out to help him see out the trip but he was absolutely eating the ground up at the end, I don't think Starkey really recovered from that 'error'

It has to be said it takes some doing to win a Guineas and an Arc in the same season.

Brings back memories that mate.

You’re right, it’s the BHA now, I worked for three companies for nigh on 30 years in the Racing Industry and I’ve just had to Google to check the BHB is no more. I don’t follow racing as as much as I used to do, read the Sporting Life and Chronicle everyday (subsequently RP) even down to the Breeding section of the Life, been to loads of Racecourse’s and met quite a few famous people in the industry. Now, it’s down to just the odd bet on a Saturday, never more than a tenner, had a decent day yesterday but cashing out on the football cost me £20.
Same here mate, I’ll only have a proper bet on a Saturday, on the better racing or on the bigger meetings. It’s another sport where saturation has lowered the quality.

I just find it strange, the difference in attitude to investment in both sports. It’s welcomed in horse racing but shunned in football (depending on where it’s coming from and who gets it). Possibly something to do with the respective fan bases and attitude to ownership, horse racing being ‘the sport of kings’ as opposed to a ‘working man’s’ game. Maybe the media think football fans are easier to hoodwink. They’re probably not wrong.

I think back then a lot of Jockeys had a problem, maybe still a lot of them do, it must be hard starving yourself on a daily basis to ride those low weights.

I do remember the furore about Dancing Brave's Derby run, GS held him up, I believe there were doubts about him staying possibly? So dropped him out to help him see out the trip but he was absolutely eating the ground up at the end, I don't think Starkey really recovered from that 'error'

It has to be said it takes some doing to win a Guineas and an Arc in the same season.

Haunted him for years. Obviously knew how good the horse was gave him too much to do. I think he got the highest BHB rating of a horse not to win the derby after that, something like 127.great horse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.