Media Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shame how lineker ended the City review with “it seems like the title is slipping away”

No need Gary, no need
How can it be “slipping away” if we already own it???

:-)

Anyway, it was nice to see a trifecta of old pros, even one who bleeds Arsenal red, objectively stating the Ref & VAR got it all absolutely correct on the end!

Atwell clearly missed the shirt pulling, as he told Xhaka when he awarded the pen and booked him!

While I was disappointed VAR ruled out Laporte’s goal earlier in the week for the sake of an inch, I’m pleased it got BOTH decisions spot on (see what I did there?!) yesterday!

When I saw Ian Wright was on MOTD my first reaction was it would be a repeat of Keown but fair play to him he was fair.

Why didnt they show our two chances from Gabby and Ruben at nil nil or the wrestling in the box on Gabby by Partey though?
Game of the day, only 3 matches to show, but a narrative to follow, I think they where more surprised by the fact we are beatable than anything else, which plays up to 95% of the population and maintains the picture this is a ‘title race’. Arsenal got us at a very good time & still came up short, we will be a different proposition for Chelsea

Just watching MOTD and at least they called out the major decisions correctly. No pen for Odegaard and correct decision for Bernardo. Refreshing as Wright was in the studio.

I hadn't seen any of the major incidents last night when I posted that any good fortune we had with decisions was karma for Malcolm Macdonald's blatant dive to win the decisive penalty in the League Cup QF in January 1978. Having now watched the highlights, I really don't think Arsenal had any cause for complaint with any of the referee's adjudications.

Their penalty shout wasn't one, IMO, ours that was given was clearly awarded correctly, and there could be no argument about the sending-off. So I wish I were surprised about this narrative in parts of the media that the Gunners were hard done by. Unfortunately, it's just the type of coverage we've come to expect.

Game of the day, only 3 matches to show, but a narrative to follow, I think they where more surprised by the fact we are beatable than anything else, which plays up to 95% of the population and maintains the picture this is a ‘title race’. Arsenal got us at a very good time & still came up short, we will be a different proposition for Chelsea
100%.

I hadn't seen any of the major incidents last night when I posted that any good fortune we had with decisions was karma for Malcolm Macdonald's blatant dive to win the decisive penalty in the League Cup QF in January 1978. Having now watched the highlights, I really don't think Arsenal had any cause for complaint with any of the referee's adjudications.

Their penalty shout wasn't one, IMO, ours that was given was clearly awarded correctly, and there could be no argument about the sending-off. So I wish I were surprised about this narrative in parts of the media that the Gunners were hard done by. Unfortunately, it's just the type of coverage we've come to expect.
Fucking hell mate there’s nothing like storing something up for 44 years!

Last edited:
Agree 100%

It's the hope that kills you though and a full strength, fully rested Arsenal with a home crowd behind them and high on confidence still lost to a depleted City who had played another away game less than 3 days earlier.

The Sunday Torygraph this morning goes with "Arsenal denied a penalty"! As the 'penalty' never existed in the entire history of the universe just how could anyone be denied a non-existent entity? Methinks the Arse lads and coaching staff, along with the pillock who wrote that, should be sent on a simple course in logic before the next fixture.

My ERO (Philosophy and French, Sheffield 94-97) tells me that you can be denied summat that doesn't exist!

It’s the difference between the pundits and the rag cunts in charge of production at media city
Yeah, I forgot that our unbiased and impartial publically funded broadcaster employs a group of ex MUTV employees in their sports department at Media Rag City

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.