Media Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
The premier league currently has two recent champions league winners from the last few years in Liverpool and Chelsea. It also has Spurs as a recent finalist in 2019, add to that United who have consistently been in the top 3 clubs in the world for revenue for over the last 25 years and whether we like it or not one of the most valuable sports franchises in the world. It’s hardly the Scottish premier league.

Why is it our fault that these teams can’t get their house in order when it comes to putting a decent football team on the pitch?
It's actually easier to blame someone else.

I don't think the majority of Blues go along with this "the league is done and dusted" routine the media are peddling.Whilst it's a great position to be in , and the the football we play is usually a thing of beauty ,not many of us will be celebrating until it's a mathematical certainty, as with Peps mindset. I think many are setting us in the desperate hope of a fall,or even a " slippy" moment.

Piece from Jonny Nicholson Irish Examminer think it's called?

When winning becomes boring

Manchester City moving 11 points head after their win (10 after the Chelsea v Liverpool draw) was bad for the Premier League and bad for everyone who isn’t a City fan. To have the season sewn up in the first days of the new year is, to say the least, disappointing. Football is about competition.

When it is a cakewalk for any team, it makes it all feel a bit pointless. When it is the same team that has won in three out of the last four seasons, even more so. As fantastic as their football often objectively is, it leaves people cold. It has the soulless ice of technical drawing and lacks the warmth created in struggle. The City sportswashing project has been 100% successful, their wealth so entrenched now, and so unquestioned, that I feel we should ignore them as much as possible and try to pretend they don’t exist. Everything will be far more enjoyable that way.
How about ignoring Johnny Nicholson.
Far more enjoyable!

Piece from Jonny Nicholson Irish Examminer think it's called?

The City sportswashing project has been 100% successful, their wealth so entrenched now, and so unquestioned, that I feel we should ignore them as much as possible and try to pretend they don’t exist. Everything will be far more enjoyable that way.

Didn’t know any of that about Sutton. He should be proud of himself.

What I did know is that he’s a proper odd ball who has got himself a great job considering he has no personality and is nearly always wrong on his football opinions.
To be fair to Sutton, he's well qualified to give an opinion, his short spell managing Lincoln City gives him every right to talk about World Class Managers and World Class players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.