Media Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Overall it was a pretty unbiased commentary.
I can't believe I'm saying this but well done ITV!
I had much of the game on mute - I wasn't waiting for Matteroffactface to get in his usual fourpennorth.

The DT this morning shoves us even further towards the back of the sports section than usual - Page 10 today. Page 8 was reserved for the new Villa galactico. But it's clicks that count these days and Slippy Starfish is a shoo-in for more clicks than anything City have.

I thought they were decent, aside from the early error about confusing rodri for laporte which made me think we were playing americ as defensive midfielder for a minute or two.

No complaints from me, were treated much worse than that on BT and sky and I can appreciate that most wanted the underdog to do well. They accommodated that without disrespecting the city player or fans. Fair play.

Anyone who had a problem with ITV’s coverage of our game last night are taking it to a different level. I missed the early comment about money but they were just straight up complimentary in their commentary and analysis of the game as far as I could see.

No other jibes about money, no apparent bile and at one point the commentator described us as a team with 470 international appearances instead of £470 million which seems to be the norm.

It’s all I ask for. Unbiased commentary which focused on the game as it happened for both sides and analysis without the bias, bile, and with a few well deserved compliments thrown in.

I hope it continues but will believe it when I see it.
I don't mind them quoting squad values in games like these. It does help you appreciate what a fantastic acheivement it is when an upset occurs and how we should admire those teams that do it - but only if they do it for the other big spending teams.

Did they?

I'd binned the audio in favour of music after the second slur in 2 mins at the start.
Your loss then. McCoist spent the entire match praising us and was also complimentary to Swindon HexwS the opposite of all the rest.
The commentator could have said the City team cost .... he didnt he said they had *** number of international caps between them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.